[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: That sounds like about as close to consensus as we're likely to get. So here goes: Get everyone down to ground level, near the opening of one alley, ready to run. We grab a pile of spare laundry from one of the lines, and dump it right inside the mouth of another alley- Rikka can stay on the roof above that alley, out of LoS from the square and guards. Once we're ready, she can fire off a Chill Wind burst, targeting the laundry pile. On a hit, that includes a Slide 1- so a pile of stray cloth would sweep out of the alley, make a swirling cloud and collapse. I'd say that prompts a closer look, but no obvious alarm- not even a shred of human visible. If they take the bait, everybody make a run for the door- as noted, 10 squares is a double run for everybody.

As noted, if it doesn't work, we haven't really revealed ourselves, but I don't want us to get too bogged down in our brainstorming.

OOC: I agree on the plan with one exception: Ryk, Spring and Bellegon should take positions on the other side (they are fairly reliable in that they can sneak their way over) - which gives us opportunities to distract/attack both groups or only one as needed...

but I will go with party consensus.

Take us in, stonegod

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[Okay, I need Athletics/Acrobatics check from those going to ground level, stealth for those being part of Stealth Team Bravo, and an attack roll from Rikka.]

renau1g

First Post
Vok sees Crush and his efficient maneuver and decides to follow suit. Amazingly, despite the heavy plate mail, the half-elf swings down with some manner of skill, his stubborn nature allowing him to hold on long after his aching muscles have screamed to his body to let go.

[sblock=ooc]
athetlics (1d20=15) [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
With the others headed to their places, Rikka prepared to do her part for the plan. She crouched just on the edge of the roof, where she could see the 'decoy' laundry pile. Shifting into her elven form, she pointed her totem downwards, calling upon the cold winds of the mountain peaks. Then she got ready to run, once the distraction was underway...

OOC:
>Attack roll with Chill Wind; 1d20+9 (nominally vs. FORT)= 29 (Wow, what a waste of a Crit!); rolls Roll Lookup

>Acrobatics check to move once distraction is unleashed; 1d20+10= 23 (roll linked above)

On Puget Sound

First Post
Ryk scrambles down from the rooftop and sneaks close to the second group of guards. When the laundry comes billowing out and the guards turn to see what the commotion is, he slips past them, then notices Spring is not following.

Hunting with Ryk. Fun. Quiet! Jump now, strong legs. Ryk makes stop-hand, I wait. Go now? Yes, go go go WAIT! A GHOST! Swirly white thing like Mournland ghosts we fought! Bite it! No, Run! Hide! Protect Ryk! Hold still, it doesn't see me! No, bite it!

Spring is standing in the alley motionless, tail twitching angrily, staring at the billowing cloth and refusing to go forward. The lizard looks up in confusion, clearly wanting to obey Ryk's gesture but afraid to move.

acrobatics 18, stealth 14
I'm guessing that might be high enough to not be an outright giveaway, but clearly a "no progress" stealth result

Bellegon sneaks along following his comrades down and preparing himself to dash forward. But, looking over them he wonders to close to the guards and as they head toward laundry pile he is cut off!

Stealth (1d20+9=14)

Waiting to see if he gets a chance to move he prepares for the dash across the square. Once he gets clear he heads straight toward the entrance of the garrison, jumping over obstacles and rolling over or under bigger things.

Acrobatics (1d20+5=13)

OOC: Wow, not my day! Anyhow, Bellegon uses (if available) Ethereal Stride to help him along if there is a problem accepting inevitable slowing that will incur. While running he is concealed (Shadow Walk)

Remove ads