[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jackslate45

First Post
~ In a private room ~
[section]

Aradra nodded when Melisande thanked him, and started eating the frog legs that had cooled off by now. Not realizing how hungry he was, Aradra had finished the plate of food before he realized it, and noted that it was quite an appeasing meal.

Looking back at Melisande, Aradra asks "So, you mentioned that your are staying with the Chapel House, right? Where were you before that?"

Aradra did not like talking alot, and telling the story had made his throat hurt a little bit. As such, he was trying to let Melisande take over the conversation, in order to allow his voice to come back.
[/section]

grumblyarcher

First Post
[section]"Ah, very well, but if it is only the two of us, Master Baram, perhaps there should be a prize for this contest of indignity. How about wager? The loser treats the winner to drinks for a year? Ma'dam Charity can be our judge since she has bowed out of the competition," his funds may have been a bit thin at the moment but more work was coming soon and Baram seemed like the sort not to unfairly press a victory in this sort of competition. Stories were a currency among a select few and if he was reading Qalabash right, he was definitely the sort to appreciate a good story. The promise of free alcohol was a secondary reward here.[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Sorry, I missed your posts in the new conversation.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

[section]
Qalabash strokes his goatee as he thinks.

"A contest of indignity, eh? And how do we determine who goes first? Knucklebones? Short straw? Paper, rock, scizzors? I'm a bit old for leg-wrestling." He glances over at Charity. "Or perhaps our judge decides?"

[/section]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Taking a break from her shadow puppets, the flame-haired woman chuckles quietly then speaks. "Hunh, far be it from me to slow the two of you down on this," she begins, smiling broadly. "And, as the duly elected judge of these festivities," Charity gestures at herself, "I think he who issued the challenge, ought regale us with his story first." Her green eyes set upon Master Shrike and she awaits his response....

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

~ In a private room ~

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande nodded, “Indeed, I have been provided quarters there for the duration of my stay. I have been called upon to aid this city and the surrounding lands by the divine.”

“It is what I do. It has not been revealed to me yet what my next quest shall be, though.”

She did not like talking about the missions and quests that she had completed because it sounded like bragging. She was proud of doing well and helping others, though.

“More recently I have come from the north. There were packs of gnolls and trolls terrorizing the folks in the small villages and hamlets up that way. They needed to be rooted out from the foothills and I have spent the last month before arriving here hunting down their lairs and warrens.”

“The battles were not particularly dangerous, but I was often extremely outnumbered.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Currently 18 with Chainshirt
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock] [sblock=OOC Note]I wrapped up Blancher’s Revenge so now is a good time to start assembling the higher-level characters playing Mowgli’s Adventure.
Summoning: [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] & [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23867]mfloyd3[/MENTION]; If Larissa comes to the DWI, I can arrange to bring my 9th level bard to come RP with her.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
The door opened and the wind set all of the bottles upon the shelves to dancing as a shabby old man enters the tavern. Even after he closes the door behind him the wind seems to dance inside the room for a few moments, tipping hats to the floor, flapping scarves and lifting capes and skirts with a mischievous tickle. The old man shuffles over to a chair by the fire and begins to take off his old boots with a groan of satisfaction, but before he has them both off Grog calls over to him, "Oi! You's Relic aren't ya, ya fookin' ol' git?" and amongst curses and greetings tells him that his 'archer friend' was in the back with a 'lass' wanting to talk.

With a sigh Relic Nevyn pulls his boot back on and gets to his feet with a groan. He pats the comfy chair he is leaving and says sadly, "Soon perhaps, old friend? Soon." He then heads to the room in the back, this time veritably gliding across the tavern floor, having forgotten that he wasmeant to be shambling.

In the room in the back

Relic opens the door and sees Aradra sitting there with a heavily armoured woman. "Greetings Longstrider. And good day to you Madam Paladin. I am Relic Nevyn. I was told you wanted to speak with those of us involved in the incident with the Demonscope. Well, here I am." He sits down. "How can I help?"

[sblock=Relic lvl 13]
Relic Nevyn
(Lvl 13) Human Wizard 12/Oracle 1
HP: 107/107
AC: 14 Touch 14 FlatFooted 11
Initiative: +8; Temporal Celerity: Rolls initiative twice and can use either result
Fort: +8 Ref: +8 Will: +13
Wizards Spells: lvl 0: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound
Lvl 1: Shocking Grasp; Magic Missile, Tiny Hut, Enlarge Person, Colour Spray, Silent Image
Lvl 2: Gust of Wind, Hideous Laughter, Mirror Image, Prot vs Evil, Communal, See Invisibility, Empty Slot
Lvl 3: Haste 2/2 Used; Lightning Bolt; Fly, Dark Vision, Communal, Empty Slot
Lvl 4: Control Summoned creature, Black Tentacles, Dimensional Anchor, Summon Monster IV, Empty Slot,
Lvl 5: Suffocation; Telekinesis, Summon Monster V, Empty Slot, Empty Slot
Lvl 6: Chain Lightning 2/2, Dispel Magic,Greater, Summon Monster VI
Bonded Ring:
Pearl of Power #1 (lvl 1):
Pearl of Power #2 (lvl 1):
Pearl of Power (lvl 2):
Lightning Flash 10/10 uses left today
Cyclone: 12/12 uses left today
Oracles Orisons: Detect Poison, Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink
Oracles Spells: lvl 1: 3/3 uses left today
Wand of Mage Armor: (43/50) charges
Wand of CLW: (46/50) charges
Wand of Protection vs Evil (49/50) charges
Wand of Glitterdust: (48/50) charges
Wand of Align Weapon (43/50) charges
Dazing Metamagic Rod: 3/3 uses left today
Lesser Metamagic Rod, Extend: 3/3 uses left today
Lesser Metamagic Rod, Bouncing: 3/3 uses left today
Lesser Metamagic Rod, Piercing: 3/3 uses left today
Lesser Metamagic Rod, Silent: 3/3 uses left today
Consumables: 2/2 CLW Potions; 1/1 CMW Potion; 4/4 trail rations
Scrolls prepared for Battle:
Curse: Clouded Vision: Max Vision limit 60'; as Darkvision [/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich drops in

A loud flapping of wings announces a creature larger then a bird to be arriving outside followed by cries of alarm as a gold dragon of medium size lands. the 12 minute flight was ended as he shook himself and changed back into a human in wizard's robes. He smiles and bows to every one who was startled by his surprise entrance.

The human wizard walks into the Inn an waves to Grok and Marla, sits in front of the fireplace and places logs on the grate, then snaps his fingers to light the logs.

"Ahhhhh." is all he says until Marla walks over to him, standing with one hand on her hip. When he doe not seem to realize she is there she clears her throat which has the desired effect as he jumps at the sudden realization she is there.

"Oh, hi! Mulled wine, please" He looks around to make sure he did not embarrass himself too bad, stretches and relaxes again.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Heinrich
Initiative: +2
Perception: +12 (Greater Darkvision w/ spell)
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch) (better with spells)
HP: 46 Current: 46
BAB: +5 CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (15 ff)
Fort: +6 Reflex: +8 Will: +11 CONC: +21
Special: FIRE RESIST 10

Current Conditions in Effect:
cat's grace - 11 minutes rounds: [one]
Haste - 1 rnd/lv; multi person effect [party of 4 for 11 rounds]

Current Weapon in Hand: WAND: acid arrow
CHARGED ITEMS AND SKILLS:
WAND ACID ARROW: 38/50
Scroll: Summon Monster IV
WAND CURE LIGHT: 50/50

* DRAW FIRE AROUND HIM FROM SOURCE = TO CAMPFIRE OR LARGER
* FIRE JET 9/9 TIME PER DAY 1D6+5 DAM
* DC: 21 REF FOR HALF OR BURN ANOTHER RND FOR 1D6
* AVOID ADDTL DAM BY DC 16 REF SAVE
* DANCING FLAME 5 PER DAY

OTHER
SPELL SPECIALIZATION: FIREBALL ; GTR SPELL SPECIAL: FIREBALL ; ECTOPLAS SPELL ; SILENT SPELL ; PIERCING SPELL

Spells Memorized
Code:
Save DC:          
General: 16 + SL                
Evocation: 18 + SL          
Elemental (Fire): 17 + SL            
Evoc + (Fire): 19 + SL

0 Level              Level 01               Level 02                
* Prestidig.     * feather fall          * See invisibility
* Disrupt Undead * Burning Hands(ev,E,*) * Scorching ray (ev,E)
* Dancing lights * Feather Fall          * Levitate
* acid splash    * ear pierce scream     * Resist Energy
                 * magic missile         * Warding Weapon
                 * Shield                * cat's grace
                 * Expeditious Retreat   * Scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P magic missile         P scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P magic missile         P cat's grace
                 P Shield                P Scorching ray (ev,E)

LEVEL 3                LEVEL 04                LEVEL 05
* Flame Arrow (E)      * summon monster 4 (E)  * lightning arc
* Haste                * stone skin            * Elemental body [E]
* Dispel Magic         * dimension door        * wall of force
*** [s]Dispel Magic[/s]      * Detonate              * Teleport
* lightning bolt       * Blk Tentacles                      
* Displacement         P summon monster 4 (E)
P Haste
Note*** level spell sacrificed for fireball

LEVEL 6
* Tar Pool (E)
* Chains of fire
* form of the dragon 1                

[sblock=Book:]
Level 00  
* Resistance * Acid Splash [c] * Detect Magic * Detect Poison * Read Magic * Daze * Dancing Lights
* Flare * Light * Spark * Disrupt Undead * Touch of Fatigue * Mage Hand * Mending * Message
* Open/Close * Arcane Mark * Prestidigitation
Level 01
* Break * Burning Hands (E,*) * Chill Touch * comp lang * Ear piercing scream * Endure Elements (E)  
* enlarge person * expeditious retreat * Feather Fall * Identify * Jump [c] * Magic Missile
* magic weapon * Shield * Touch of the Sea & * Touch of Gracelessness
Level 02  
* Arcane Lock  * Burning gaze (E) * Cat's grace * darkvision * Elemental Touch * Flaming Sphere (E)
* Fox's cunning * Knock * Levitate * Resist Energy * Scorching Ray (E) * See Invisibility
* Spectral Hand * Warding Weapon * false life
Level 03  
* Dispel magic * Displacement * Draconic Reservoir * Fire ball (**,E,ev) * Flame Arrow (E) * Haste
* Lightning bolt (ev) * Tiny Hut * Ablative Barrier [c] * Fly  
Level 04  
* Black tentacles * darkvision, gtr * Detonate * Dimension door * scrying * stone skin
* summ monst IV [E]
Level 05  
* Elemental body II [e] * Feuer vyrm [fire snake] * lightning arc * Summon monster V * Teleport
* Wall of Force
Level 06
* undeath to death * chains of fire * tar pool * sirocco * forceful hand * [s]Form of the dragon I [/s] 
[/sblock]

( - ) denotes a cast spell    
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)  
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat)
(E) elemental: flame school  
(ev) evocation
(A) denotes changed to acid
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast
(#) recalled via pearl of power
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

~ In a private room ~

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande looked up when the door opened, rising to her feet. The older human male looked nothing like an adventurous warrior. Tall and thin, he nearly looked to be the epitome of a wizened old mage.

“And a good day to you as well, Relic Nevyn. I am Melisande.”

“I presume you are one of the wizards that accompanied this warrior. Longstrider has just finished telling me what happened. My inquiries were only to be sure my own assistance was no longer needed in the matter.”

“So far this is what he told me…”
To the best of her ability, Melisande tried to relay what Aradra had just told her.

“Is there anything more that you could add, Relic?” The aasimar woman asked.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Currently 18 with Chainshirt
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic sits down and listens to the comely paladin. "Your presumption is correct. Aradra has been thorough in his retelling. The forces of darkness sought to use the pride and arrogance that those of law and order are prone to fall upon to usurp and desecrate the Order. A lesson you might well learn from Melisande... I apologise Madam Paladin. We have only just met, I presume far too much and perhaps misjudge you from my own prejudices of what I have seenof other paladins. The horrors we saw and the evil we battled against will not easily be forgotten. The details are ghastly and I am not certain what it is you seek. Do you wish to learn of the events as they unfolded, Aradra seems to have covered them thoroughly, or do you wish for details of the demons and their powers themselves so that you might be better prepared should you ever have to stand against them yourself in the future?"

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
~ In a private room ~
[section]

Aradra nodded when Melisande told her of her most recent request, and was about to ask more about it when Relic entered the room. He greeted Relic with a "Hello" but otherwise remained silent as Melisande and Relic took control of the conversation.
[/section]

Remove ads