[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yeah, it could be rolled random. But, then somebody that wants a specific kn skill can roll 12 times and not take the first 11. So, moot point. Well, they would get up to about 6 chances before failing to find the right one. I don't want the judges to have the headache of putting the others back into the store inventory, if we were really getting pedantic about it. What I said is just easier on everyone.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'd roll randomly for one I dropped into an adventure, or make one that suits the encounter in which it's found. For shopping at the MP, the shopper should just include the specific knowledge skill in his dice roll description, IMO.

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra comes right behind Menink. "Hello, I would like to buy some of this stuff" she hands over a small note with what she needs to do.

OOC:
SELL
Masterwork Composite Longbow STR+3 +750 gp

BUY
Wand of CLW -750 gp
Masterwork Composite Longbow STR+4 -850 gp

Total 850gp

kinem

Adventurer
"Hi there, Galandra, Amien" Menik greets his companions.

To the proprietor he asks "Do you also have a scroll of glitter-dust?"

ooc: Buying scroll of glitterdust (search=18),
150 gp + 40 gp for ink & supplies to write into spellbook

When he returns home for a stop, Menik successfully copies it into his spellbook.

Satin Knights

First Post
A ranger and panther quietly enter the shop and start looking around for things. "Healing firrst" "Yeah, I know." Looking through wands, finding one to fix the cat is easier than one for normal folk. The next stop if the case of rings. Shopping through, looking at their auras, Kalgor finds one that he likes. He verifies with the clerk that it both stops and throws magic missiles. Inquiring about using as a bonded object, he is also given a bag of herbs for the required ceremony. Having a hammer and drill already, Kalgor picks up a wire saw to complete his tool chest. Finding a scabbard that sharpens blades, he adds it to the growing pile of things. Looking over armor, he choses the lightest thing that will improve over the simple leather that he has.

Kalgor looks for a backpack that can carry more than the shape says. Not finding one, he settles for a bag that is bigger on the inside. He does find a quiver that does the same thing. When he sets them on the counter, he gets a bit of a lecture on not putting the quiver in the sack, and just how bad doing that would be.

Finally, he looks for a weapon that helps for flanking fighters. Not having it, but knowing they right enchantments to do so, he commissions adding the enchantment to his own blade. Not having any current work to do, he figures he can part with his winged blade for a few days.

Settling up, the coin purse feels far lighter than it started. In fact, not enough coins were in the pouch, so he puts back one of the wands. Human healing works well enough on Gragnor, even if it isn't optimized for him. Now he has several extra tools for his trade.

...750 gp Wand of Cure Light Wounds (1d100=74) success barely
.8,000 gp Ring of Forcefangs (1d100=72) success
...200 gp herbs and components for bonding object wizard ritual
.............Handy Haversack (1d100=79) failed
...150 gp Adamantine wire saw (1d100=46) success
...500 gp Greatsword Scabbard of Honing (1d100=22) success
.2,100 gp +1 Mithral Chain Shirt (1d100=72) success
.2,500 gp Bag of Holding Type 1 (1d100=20) success
.............+1 Menacing Greatsword (1d100=95) failed
.1,800 gp Efficient Quiver (1d100=47) success
=======
16,000 gp
+6,000 gp Commission Menacing upgrade to current +1 Greatsword (Ready after July 11th)
=======
22,000 gp
.....-12.5 gp Selling a Scroll of Jolt (I learned it as a summoner before I got to learn it as a mage!!)
.....-25 gp Selling a set of studded leather armor
=======
21,962.5 gp spent

Adding spells to spell book from March 18th to June 21st doing one per calendar day. All of these were purchased during Kostry Kopec, but Kalgor was too busy to scribe then.
Retry without loss of scroll can be attempted after 7 game days, or 21 calendar days.
Scribing Drench: DC 15 (1d20+5=8) failed March 18th
Scribing attempt Breeze: DC 15 (1d20+5=13) failed March 19th
Scribing attempt: Feather Fall DC 16 (1d20+5+2=23) success March 20th
Scribing Attempt: Shock Shield DC 16 (1d20+5=22) success March 21st
Scribing attempt: Shocking Grasp DC 16 (1d20+5=12) failed March 22nd
Scribing attempt: Illusion of Calm DC 16 (1d20+5=14) failed March 23rd
Scribing Attempt: Ant Haul DC 16 (1d20+5+2=9) failed March 24th
Scribing Attempt: Liberating Command DC 16 (1d20+5+2=21) success March 25th
Scribing Attempt: Polypurpose Pancea DC 16 (1d20+5+2=16) success March 26th
Scribing Attempt: Burning Hands DC 16 (1d20+5=14) fails March 27th
...A game week is 21 days...
Scribing Attempt retry after a 'week': Drench DC 15 (1d20+5=24) success April 8th
Scribing retry attempt after a 'week': Breeze DC 15 (1d20+5=18) succeeds April 9th
Scribing retry attempt after 1 week: Shocking Grasp DC 16 (1d20+5=24) succeeds April 13th
Scribing retry attempt after 1 week: Illusion of Calm DC 16 (1d20+5=18) succeeds April 14th
Scribing retry attempt after 1 week: Ant Haul DC 16 (1d20+5+2=13) failed again April 15th
Scribing retry attempt after '1 week': Burning Hands DC 16 (1d20+5=13) failed again April 18th
Third try on: Ant Haul DC 16 (1d20+5+2=16) success barely May 7th
Third retry: Burning Hands DC 16 (1d20+5=25) succeeds May 10th
Yea! Finished before running out of time.

Satin Knights

First Post
The ranger and panther return to pickup the weapon the first wanted upgraded. Upon entering, he looks around for a few other things. Yes, this time they have proper magic backpacks. It is much easier than carrying a sloppy bag all the time. Looking through the scrolls, the store seems to have neither of the spells that Kalgor was hoping for. His friend Anaerion was going to teach him, but alas he disappeared before they had a quiet moment to work them out.

Taking the backpack up to the counter, "I would like to trade this back in for the backpack. A loose sack just doesn't fit my needs. I am also here for my greatsword. They said it would be finished by now."
"We can do that. And,yes sir. The sword was done a couple days ago and has been waiting. I will serve the two of you well."

Emptying out the bag that is bigger on the inside, Kalgor carefully pack his new backpack. Even though it has the same mystic properties, it becomes nearly full from all the odds and ends this loner carries with him. Luckily, he also gets fifty platinum pieces from the merchant in the trade and tucks them away in the pack as well.
"Thank you."

"Bosss, a placsse" "Oh, yeah. Can you point me to someone that sells places to live?"
"That would be Rhibahn. His office is just down the street."

+2,500 GP ~ Sell Bag of Holding, Type 1
.-2,000 GP ~ Purchase Handy Haversack (1d100=2) Success
.............. ~ Purchase Scroll of Identify (1d100=98) fail
.............. ~ Purchase a Scroll of Silent Image (1d100=84) failed also
========
+500 gp worth received in platinum
.-100 gp for Average Living quarters paid to Rhibahn for an apartment
========
+400 gp worth received

jkason

First Post
A square-jawed southerner with a gleam in his eye enters the Pearl and walks straight to the front desk.

"Nothing too special today, but it appears I may have to worry about rats on my new job. Thought I'd pick up a few antiplagues at the suggestion of someone who's done this longer than I. Never afraid to steal a good idea," he says with a wink.

[sblock=ooc]I think this counts as normal equipment. Antitoxin does, at least. If I have to roll, no big. I'm going to assume I don't, though, so:

Buying: 2 vials Antiplague: 100 gp

ETA: Blargh. Currency conversion fail. Ru doesn't have 100 gp. So, one antiplague: 50 gp[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

The young woman takes a few moments to window shop the variety of fancy items available for sale before picking up her pittance of items. Armors that offer both protection and mobility. Weapons that hit more accurate, more effectively, and deliver elemental energies to the victim. Potions that cure ailments, or strengthen the body in a variety of ways. Scrolls with untold power in the form of magical spells. She sighs and steps to the counter.

"One light hammer, two pitons and," Charity looks back at Robert, thinking on what he said, "and just two torches, then. Ya, just two."​ She counts out the coins, one per item, and gives them to the shopkeeper.

[sblock=OOC]
Buying:
Light Hammer 1gp
2 pitons 1sp each
2 torches 1cp each
total: 1 gp, 2 sp, 2 cp
[/sblock]

Remove ads