[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
06PostShot.png

A tall, golden skinned figure strides boldly into the Pearl, moves to the counter and takes off an amulet. He also divests himself of two potions and a wand, placing all of these items on the counter in front of the shopkeeper. "Hold on to these for a moment, please . . . I've got a little shopping to do and may want to make a trade."

He roams the aisles for several minutes, picking up and discarding items one after the other. Finally, he exclaims excitedly and brandishes his find - an ornate amulet to replace his old one.

He moves to Wands and Potions aisle and takes one of each from the shelves, then goes back to the shopkeeper with his finds. The exchange made - along with a bank note drawn against funds from the government of Irthos - he exits the shop, bouncing exuberantly at his finds.

Selling
  • Amulet of Natural Armor (2000 GP)
  • Potions of CMW (2 @ 300 = 600 GP)
  • Wand of CLW CL4 (3000 GP)
  • Ring of Protection +1 (2000 GP)

Buying
  • Greyflame Ghosttouch Holy Amulet of Mighty Fists (64000 GP)
  • Wand of CLW CL5 (3750 GP)
  • Potion of Blur CL4 (400 GP)

[sblock=ROLLS]Holy Greyflame Ghost Touch Amulet of Mighty Fists, Wand of CLW (CL5), Potion of Blur (CL4) - 76%+ Equals Fail (1d100=47, 1d100=31, 1d100=22)[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Strange. Samad wandered the streets, looking for his way back to the Inn. Was this the way he had come before a week earlier? The shops and stalls and patrons on this road crowded it so, it was all he could do not to get knocked aside. He soon found himself in front of the Mystic Pearl. "Emporium of the Magical and Bizarre" held promise, so he worked his way inside.

He browsed the shelves until something caught his eye. He picked up the scimitar, examining it, giving it a few swings. "This is a fine blade." He asked the owner, who seemed Rhat'manti as well, "How much for it?" After hearing the price called back, he hrrm'd and set it back down, though he did find a lesser one (which was still superior to his own, mind) as well as an old magic cloak and a few daggers to replace the ones he had thrown away. Thanking the shopkeep, he left with his haul.
[sblock=OOC]Buying a masterwork scimitar (-315 gp) and selling the old one (+15, net: -300), Buying Cloak of Resistance +1 (-1000) from store inventory.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[MENTION=6704325]Commander_Fallout[/MENTION], when purchasing items of magical enchantment you need to see if they have one on hand. roll% 76% or higher is not in stock, unless there is one in the opening post stating one on hand, then you need to mention that is where you got it.

just a friendly reminder here.

Gorgon Heap

First Post
Of all the unusual sights the woman had confronted since she arrived in Venza, none were as confounding as the mystical shopping center. Within she found around every corner accursed and harrowing works of deranged wizardry.

Lightfeather has little use and less trust of "civilized" magic, but the realities of her new lifestyle insist on her supplementing or replacing her worn old gear with that enchanted for additional durability. After becoming lost several times and repeatedly asking the mustachieod man for help and directions, she's finally all she's ready to tolerate for her first visit...

Sorry, can't remember how to make a spoiler box.
Buying Feather token (bird), 2 Cure Lights and a Longstrider potion - all from inventory. (450gp)
I'd also like to say that she did in fact arrive in city with her own horse and just pay for it now - her first adventure was on a boat, so we can just say it's been safe at an inn or something. Light horse plus saddle. (85gp)
Blunt arrows - just five to replace some of what I've used but wanted in case I run across skeletons again. (1gp)
+1 Longbow (2375gp) [roll0]
+1 Leather armor (1010gp) [roll1]
Total with all items (3921gp)

GlassEye

Adventurer
To spoiler block something: [sblock=Title]Words go here[/sblock]
Or you can use [OOC]Words go here 2[/OOC] though this one is ugly. It's ok here in the Mystic Pearl but please don't use it in a game thread; breaks IC too much.

I'm sure you've seen 'em in action but here's the example anyway:
[sblock=OOC]La la la![/sblock]
OOC: See what I mean? Ugly!

And just copy and paste the BBCode of your rolls (helpfully provided on Invisible Castle, as I'm sure you know).

Remove ads