Am i reading this correctly?

Taloras

First Post
Okay. This is theoretical, and im not sure about a few things. If this is correct, its very BROKEN.

Take a 20th level monk. movement of 90. Give him Dash Feat and Run Feat. extra 5 feet of movement, x5 run. Boots of Striding and Springing (which will give him either +50 or +55 if it doubles the 5 for dash also) So hes moving at around 145-150 a round. Walking. Now lets put him into running mode.

If hes moving 145, hes running at 725 a round, moving 7250 a minute, which is running at approximately 82.38 miles an hour.
If hes moving 150, hes running at 750 a round, moving 7500 a minute, which is running at approximately 85.22 miles an hour.

Add in Endurance, and im wanting to know how long he can keep running at 85 miles an hour.

Does anyone else thing this is broken?

Andion Isurand

First Post
Looks good to me.... can't wait to see how far he can jump.

Especially when adding the 'Jump' spell.

And finding ways to multiclass (or) feat build into geting those 'Acrobatics' abilities.

[about my math mistake: oops, me dumb when tired]

Last edited:

Demon Knight

First Post
*tap**tap* Hey Andion. I think your math is wrong, despite what you must think.

90+5+50=145

90+5+55=150

As for the original question, I don't think it's broken, because what good will it do him in combat? Granted, he can run really really fast, but I don't think this unbalances the game. You can't kill a dragon by running really really fast.

Taloras

First Post
No, but you sure as hell can outrun him. :p They tend to stop w/ the first snack they reach.

I wonder if i could work this guy like the flash. run around a guy and make him dizzy......lol. Can anyone else think of a speed increase that i havent?

Last edited:

Demon Knight

First Post
If I was a Monk, and suddenly I found myself up against a monster immune to my puny ki strike +3 fists, I'd be runnin like Forrest Gump too. :) :) :):eek: :D ;)

Crothian

First Post
Okay, we have a very fast 20th level monk. How is this "broken" ? Teleport is easy at this level and much better. Sure, it's impressive, but I don't think it really creates any sort of imbalance.

Taloras

First Post
Im just saying this. If you are moving that fast, and put your foot down, its gonna hurt. Plain and simple friction.

Demon Knight

First Post
I wonder if i could work this guy like the flash. run around a guy and make him dizzy......lol. Can anyone else think of a speed increase that i havent?

Haste. An extra 145-150ft could make all the difference.

Expeditious Retreat. Not sure if this works, though. Any rule-lawyers out there?

Take a level of Barbarian for another 10ft(but it'll take a lot of sweet talking to go from non-lawful to lawful)

Remove ads