You know what makes D20 great?

blackshirt5

First Post
The fact that I can make a Luxan Ranger/Jedi/Warder, dual-wielding lightsabers in a battle against Cthulhu, and then hop in my living X-Wing to go face the Vorlon Highlanders in a dogfight in outer space.

And then, of course, I'll nuke the Forgotten Realms.

blackshirt5

First Post
Yup, can't forget Superman. And the X-men.

Oops, make one of the lightsabers a Holy Avenger, give the Luxan one level of Paladin to be able to take advantage of it's full abilities, and give the other lightsaber a +5 Enhancement and a True Vorpal enchantment.

Psion

Adventurer
blackshirt5 said:
The fact that I can make a Luxan Ranger/Jedi/Warder, dual-wielding lightsabers in a battle against Cthulhu, and then hop in my living X-Wing to go face the Vorlon Highlanders in a dogfight in outer space.

Remind me why this is a good thing?

blackshirt5

First Post
Versatility, Psion. Versatility.

Also, the fact that a Luxan Ranger/Jedi/Warder/Paladin with a Holy Avenger and a +5 Vorpal Lightsaber battling Cthulhu is the coolest thing known to man, after the movie Dogma.

Last edited:

KnowTheToe

First Post
Freedom of choices rock and most importantly the ease in which to eliminate or limit so much of the rule base and still have a playable game. I was never a fan of D&D until d20.

Psion

Adventurer
blackshirt5 said:
Versatility, Psion. Versatility.

Sure, yeah, I get that. There are lots of interesting ways to cross polenate amongst d20 ruleset.

But luxan ranger/jedis don't strike me as one of them. I am bitterly reminded of my teenage days when we thought it was cool to go to the convenience store and mix every type of soda there...

Or, as Dr. Malcolm put it:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should. " :)

blackshirt5

First Post
Are you denying the coolness of a Luxan, a Ranger, a Jedi, a Warder, or a Paladin? Because let's face it, if they're cool separate, then they ought to be even cooler together.

Oh, modify the Holy Avenger so that it's a gun-blade like D'argo carries in Farscape, so that it can shoot holy energy blasts!

Rock on!!!

Henry

Autoexreginated
Psion said:
I am bitterly reminded of my teenage days when we thought it was cool to go to the convenience store and mix every type of soda there...

Hey! I still drink Suicides! What's wrong with 'em?!?!?!

;)

Versatility, while not an excuse for BAD combinations, can often come up with some really good ones. The d20 Call of Cthulhu, and the d20 Modern games, are a match made in... er... hell. For the players, that is.

But you get my point, I hope.

Remove ads