D&D 5E Name these mephits (and other art for 5e)

Quickleaf

Legend
I started sketching D&D stuff again :) And I could use your help!

Starting with a trio of fez-wearing magma mephits who act as glorified servants to a cult of fire mages. What should they be named? Further details for each below...

psTT6jm.jpg

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
The first is "the agent/manager" who makes certain the other two get where they're supposed to go to deliver messages (a magma mephit messenger represents either a gift of gloating or an expression of displeasure) and "negotiates on their behalf" with the fire mages.

He was inspired by a throwaway line from the AD&D monster manual: Some fire mephits affect a mustache, goatee, and tiny horns on their forehead, but these are always faked.

[SBLOCK=The Agent/Manager Mephit]
9Q2i3sg.jpg
[/SBLOCK]

Here is the slow-one of the bunch. Tentatively named "Droopy" (but could use a better name). While magma mephits are notoriously slow creatures, "Droopy" is especially ponderous, sometimes laughing in a voice that sounds like lava hissing against the ocean several hours later when he finally gets a joke. An unfortunate mephit prank – involving "Droopy" being immersed in a pool of water – cost him his wings and left arm which appear liked cooled black lava.

[SBLOCK="Droopy"]
rShhOHe.jpg
[/SBLOCK]

And here is the third member of the magma mephit trio. He's the "Golden Retriever" personality: eager, peppy, full of spark, wind him up and watch him go, but just dumb as bricks. The mages have the means to magically resuscitate the mephits in their lair, essentially conjuring them anew from molten lava; of course, they don't come back at quite 100% each time. And "Golden Retriever" has certainly lost a brain cell or two along the way. Poor fella.

[SBLOCK=Golden Retriever]
hJh9Ibm.jpg
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
1. Ashlocke V. Penderhiggins, Esquire (the long silly name is part of his affect)
2. Tarfoot
3. Beaucephus

Last edited:

Satyrn

First Post
Larry, Moe and Curly.

Lerxst, Dirk and the Professor.

Larry, his brother Darryl, and his other brother Darryl.

Remove ads