D&D 3E/3.5 Scientific names

Samloyal23

Adventurer
You don't need homo in the gnome scientific names- gnomus happens to be the actual Latin from which we get gnome, and thus is the counterpart for homo which means man or human.

Pixie dragons would be Draco feia.

The word Pixie comes from the Latin word pictus, which means painted or covered in pictures. The Romans called pre-Celtic peoples of Scotland "Picts" because they covered their bodies in images. It was legends about them that gave us Pixies. So, "Draco Picti", maybe?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The word Pixie comes from the Latin word pictus, which means painted or covered in pictures. The Romans called pre-Celtic peoples of Scotland "Picts" because they covered their bodies in images. It was legends about them that gave us Pixies. So, "Draco Picti", maybe?
Makes sense to me!

abe ray

Explorer
Assassin vine-vinius murdirious drainius it’s a vine that wraps around the victims neck and simultaneously drains the fluids from their bodies & strangles them to death!
A shelled ancestor of the octopus/squid (I forgot the creatures common name) aquatic druidus (I chose the name because they are often considered the druids of the sea for their concern for the aquatic environment)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases