D&D 5E Tomb of Annihilation campaign recaps

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
Here is this weeks journal entry. The first words of the session were 'roll initiative' and by the end of the session the same rolling battle had not ended.

The group feel very sure that this will be a TPK, so much so that they are all rolling backup characters for the next session. Little do they know that if they are defeated they will be stabilised (if possible) and put in the slave pits.

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7422896/day-114-evening-an-overwhelming-force

I have to say that the level of danger in this place is very well done. It seems overwhelming (and probably is). If it is well managed then a party could get through this, and if it is not then there are still options.

Nebulous

Legend
Yeah, the Fane seems really nasty. SO...for many years now I've had the huge size miniature of a yuan ti anathema. It's not part of this scenario, but I'm trying to think of a way to work it in, even if it is just a scary as s*** illusion. Any thoughts?

svmNBIS.jpg

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
Yeah, the Fane seems really nasty. SO...for many years now I've had the huge size miniature of a yuan ti anathema. It's not part of this scenario, but I'm trying to think of a way to work it in, even if it is just a scary as s*** illusion. Any thoughts?

svmNBIS.jpg

You have to use it. Maybe a dream battle? Depends how powerful it is.

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
It's tough but beatable, a CR 12. Of course, with all the other yuan ti helping, it would be a massacre.

Maybe find a way to isolate it. Possibly have the other yuan-ti terrified of it, or have it in a battle pit as the champion yuan-ti. They get to leave if they defeat the champion.

Nebulous

Legend
Maybe find a way to isolate it. Possibly have the other yuan-ti terrified of it, or have it in a battle pit as the champion yuan-ti. They get to leave if they defeat the champion.

Ah, yes, the Champion in the gladiator pit. It could just be a more mindless version of an anathema and not the "leader" as the description says. That would be like the PCs finding out they're about to fight in the rancor pit and can't escape!!!

Nebulous

Legend
Phew, here's our journal from last week. A massive game, with one PC and one NPC lost, lots of splitting the party and a whole heap of RP with a big bad. I played Ras Nsi as written which meant that at day 115 of the campaign Ras Nsi was completely on his last legs. However I did add greater restoration to his spell list, just so I could get the scene I got.

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7446827/day-114-115-the-nightmare-of-the-fane

Are the yuan-ti described as being as endless as the DM needs them to be? I think the general idea is to get Ras Nsi and Fenthaza to ultimately help the party, not actually try to kill all the yuan-ti, which would be nigh impossible for a mid level party. Hell, you could make a 10th level party suffer pretty bad if you wanted to, they couldn't deal with 60 snake people at once either.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases