• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Which adventure are you currently running?

Which adventure are you currently running?

• Poll closed .

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Thought it might be interesting to see where everyone is with the published adventures...

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
I'm running a Planescape game right now and only making some reference to the old 2e published adventures. I think pretty much all the adventures for Planescape are awful, so I'll be taking some elements but mostly going my own way.

I've run Phandelver and part of HotDQ. I probably won't run any of the other published adventures that have been put out so far for D&D 5e.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I'm running a Planescape game right now and only making some reference to the old 2e published adventures. I think pretty much all the adventures for Planescape are awful, so I'll be taking some elements but mostly going my own way.

I've run Phandelver and part of HotDQ. I probably won't run any of the other published adventures that have been put out so far for D&D 5e.

I thought you ran through Curse of Strahd but kept it campy?

Running my 2nd campaign, Hoard of the Dragon Queen. I previously ran Lost Mines of Phandelver which got me and about 8 of my friends into D&D... I love that damn adventure

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
I thought you ran through Curse of Strahd but kept it campy?

Just Death House. I contemplated Curse of Strahd but decided against it. Like the other published adventures, I feel like it will take too much time in real time to run.

I’m currently running Hoard of the Dragon Queen for my AL-ish open table. I’m not too keen on how linear it is (and have been trying to add some more variety to it), but some of the players had already played Curse of Strahd and Storm King’s Thunder. I was still running Out of the Abyss for my home group, and didn’t want to go mad. That left Hoard and Princes of the Apocalypse at the time.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
For those running ToD: did you start recently or is your campaign still going from around when it was first released (like mine...) ?

phantomK9

Explorer
The current long running game (39 sessions now) started with Lost Mine of Phandelver, and I have thrown in a lot of side quests based on their backgrounds and several extra dungeons in the mix. However, two sessions ago, they officially started on the Horde of the Dragon Queen where I replaced the small town of Greenest with Leilon and really beefed up the bad guys. PCs were too late to stop the attack in anyway, but could track them. They are now in the Roadhouse, getting close to level 10.

Two other games I have run have been for my 12 year old son and two of his friends, just using Horde of the Dragon Queen (cause they like dragons). This is technically still on going.

Also ran my two kids and wife through some old Thunder Rift modules. Lots of fun, but not technically ongoing any more.

Croesus

Adventurer
I voted both Homebrew and Princes. My group stopped the elemental princes a while back, but the game is continuing with some elements from the module unresolved. This will eventually carry over into Tomb of Annihilation, after which I'll probably start a fresh campaign.

Coroc

Hero
I voted for Oota because that is the only choice you offered, but I am not running it but playing it. As a DM my current campaign is Greyhawk year about 579 , using and refluffing (16th century technology but w/o gunpowder) many of the blue box and from the ashes short adventures, home brewing a bit, but using official canon mostly with an overall party vs. Iuz campaign plot.
Two sessions ago I refluffed masque of the red dead, from the boxed set with the same name, to be more 16th centurish and played it as a little excursion into Ravenloft.
Conversion to 5e is easy so far.

Remove ads