• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Teleportation

yrtalien

Explorer
So in B5 world I'd like there to be technomagical (if you aren't familiar with technomages there is a fine series of books) means of teleportation. In the past I added a secret: Rifts (it was a rifts game played in WOIN) that figured for duration and area. That doesn't really fit B5... for one there aren't Ley lines unless I add them and hell I just might. Basically you could go anywhere you wanted in time or space but the effect had a dangerous trait if half or more of your dice were ones you got blasted and the rift was out of control and could lead anywhere/when.

I'd like teleporting to happen on a larger scale or for the mage to be able to open a jump point. Anyone have any idea how to get Teleportation out of the miles category and up to the systems?

Thanks

Last edited:

yrtalien

Explorer
The teleportation spell should be cast in conjunction with a Scrying spell then you pay double the price for the teleportaation... which can be a VERY short distance since you are just taking a step through your scrying window effectively...

So Divine 5 for Clairvoyance + Displace 5 (x2) with just a step and you have 15 MP...which of course means you have to have a 15 MAG score at least. You also have to succeed at the scrying attempt which involves various forms of MAG rolls in itself.

I had missed the rider clause under divination until I reread the baked in spells and found a fireball that had an effectively unlimited range.

Hope I helped JediMasterGunner

Remove ads