Vendricce

ediz

Explorer
Hi, I am at the end of Adventure 4 and the character are opting to take the teleportation to Vendricce. I was wondering what would be a good description of the city, and what kind of gear could they expect to find there to tool up for the Ob meeting. A couple of characters have lost some serious gear because of the rust monsters.

Also how powerful are the mistress of the forked tongues protective divinations?

Thanks for any help!

Root7OneOne

Villager
Vendricce is a port city, surrounded by, and likely spotted with, lush forest. The city is extremely wealthy from taxes for goods coming in from and going out to Elfaivar. The city has been razed at least once, half a millennia ago, by the eladrin. Describing it, I would focus on the decadence of the clergy and the extreme and obvious wealth of the city, maybe noting that most of the buildings are newer than you might see elsewhere in Crisillyir. Due to its wealth, the party should be able to find just about anything they can afford to purchase. Probably less tech and more magic. Maybe if they're hard up for cash, a local RHC contact can put them in touch with a shady dockmaster looking for someone to collect on unpaid tariffs.

As far as the fair lady Ashima Shimtu goes, I would assume her motives and nature are impossible to divine for PCs at this level. Between her own power, as drained and weak as they may be, and the inherent power of a holy place like the Crypta Hereticarum, whatever magics the PCs are trying to use here probably aren't going to be strong enough to give them anything. But don't worry, she shows up later, and they can learn everything they want then. For now, it's best to keep her as mysterious as you can, I'd think.

ediz

Explorer
Oh yeah I keep forgetting they changed it to eladrin, I am running a PBP so we are fairly slow but I did not want to confuse anyone by calling them eladrin and kept them high elves.

I was wondering how idiotic would the PCs have to be for her divinations be thwarted in the final scene. My steam wright has a voice recorder, they may be able to get all of the info without firing a shot. The Crypta beat the crap out of them. The rust monsters got them bad and almost had a TPK against Belcamp.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases