Please remove Demiplane of Dread Story Award next season

AriochQ

Adventurer
Please get rid of the Demiplane of Dread story award when you come out with season 8 updates, it really runs counter to the whole concept of AL, character portability.

It sort of made sense during the CoS season, encouraging players to progress through the current content, but now all it does is make people avoid otherwise fun adventures because they end up needing to spend tons of downtime if they jump back and forth.

Cosigned. We all but ran out of their the first chance we got, not wanting to risk our characters getting stuck there. I thought it a really cool touch at the time, but as a result we missed out on the whole second half of the season or so.

AriochQ

Adventurer
I disagree. Leave the Ravenloft season as it is- unique.

'Unique' because it is near impossible to play other content if you run an adventure from season 4? As I stated in the initial post, that is opposite of the main advantage of AL, character portability. Now that the season is over, it is unlikely you will find multiple tables running season 4 content. I do see people run the hardcover, but I rarely see anyone run the AL content from season 4.

Anthraxus

Explorer
"I rarely see anyone" is not a good indication of what is happening elsewhere.

They made Barexit for an easier way out. Otherwise, just run a few adventures together- they made a couple ways out in the modules themselves.

One of the Demiplane of Dread's defining features is bringing people in and making it hard to escape. Barexit made it too easy already.

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
Keep it. Just because people want to be able to pop in and claim the Harmonious Ring of Spell Storing is no reason to make it easy for them.

--
Pauper

AriochQ

Adventurer
Keep it. Just because people want to be able to pop in and claim the Harmonious Ring of Spell Storing is no reason to make it easy for them.

--
Pauper

Using that logic, you should bar characters from leaving any season without huge cost. You can't swing a dead familiar in AL without hitting someone wearing a cloak of displacement. (Actually you would likely miss them with the dead familiar since you have disadvantage!)

Remove ads