• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WOIN How does the quality of a shield effect the defense score you get from having it equipped?

Brundle

Villager
You can only ever use one skill at a time. He would have to choose between his dodging and shields skill.

Your base dice pool is attribute + skill + equipment which is capped by max dice pool. Anything beyond that, exploits, modifiers, etc? All that is after.

I think i have it down now, Please correct me if I am wrong. you would choose to use shield skill for defense , so you would add one for that and then 1 for high quality shield, plus the 3 for agility, for 5d6 pool.
If you had 3 in shield skill and a high quality shield , Plus the 3d6 agility pool you would go to 6d6

M3woods

Explorer
I think i have it down now, Please correct me if I am wrong. you would choose to use shield skill for defense , so you would add one for that and then 1 for high quality shield, plus the 3 for agility, for 5d6 pool.
If you had 3 in shield skill and a high quality shield , Plus the 3d6 agility pool you would go to 6d6
Yes, and that 5d6 would give you a DEFENSE score of 18. Or 21 for the 6d6 pool. Also, adjust your DEFENSE by +1 for a small shield, +2 for a medium shield, or +3 for a large shield. Medium armor inflicts a -2 penalty and heavy armor inflicts a -4 penalty.

So, with a 5d6 pool, wearing heavy armor, and carrying a large shield, your DEFENSE would be 17 (18-4+3.)

Remove ads