WotC Wants You To Help Shape D&D

Wow - that took quite a bit of time!

Wow - that took quite a bit of time!

RobJN

Adventurer
I was disappointed that there wasn't a way to say, "I value really deep stories, but I explicitly don't want a pervasive default setting." It felt like any time I answered "I like deep campaign lore", it could (and would) be interpreted as support for the Realms.
I took quite a while in selecting for that answer as well, for all of the same reasons. It would have been nice to have a way to qualify answers.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Not sure if their analysis will go this deep but a strong-agree to "I like deep campaign lore" wouldn't imply much support for FR if you also answered "Homebrew" to the question of what setting you usually use.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Not sure if their analysis will go this deep but a strong-agree to "I like deep campaign lore" wouldn't imply much support for FR if you also answered "Homebrew" to the question of what setting you usually use.

Based on what they have done with previous surveys, they will go deep, and look at the results from multiple angles.

Greg K

Legend
I was disappointed with the survey. While they re-asked the same questions like three or four times, to learn how important I found things, the questions were not asked in the DM section. Therefore, they did not get representative feedback from myself and others that have strong differences between what we find important as a player vs as a DM running the game.

I was disappointed with the survey. While they re-asked the same questions like three or four times, to learn how important I found things, the questions were not asked in the DM section. Therefore, they did not get representative feedback from myself and others that have strong differences between what we find important as a player vs as a DM running the game.

I didn't think that they delineated that very well, either.

The interesting thing about that is that GMs are the ones who are most likely to buy the print products, both full books and adventures. A LOT of players out there don't even buy the Player's Handbook.

Remove ads

Remove ads