Anybody using paper minis and the Litko counter stands?

timbannock

Adventurer
Supporter
As the title says.

These stands (and the other sizes, as they have 2", 3" and 4" for all of your differently sized monsters!).

I'm thinking of getting rid of the minis collection (or most of it, at any rate) as I never had a large one and I have less and less room to store things, and less and less strength to heft minis around when I play at my FLGS. I've got a bead on plenty of paper minis by the big names -- Trash Mob, Printable Heroes, and all that -- but I'd like to be able to just slot them into bases only as needed, rather than folding, gluing, or in any way crafting bases for them, whether it's ahead of time or on the fly. Cutting out minis is about all the time-sink I'm interested in doing ;-P

So...anybody use these? Thoughts? Issues?

aco175

Legend
We use a lot of the printable heroes printed on the heavy cardboard. One of the players likes to cut them out and marker the edges and such. It seems like it takes a lot of time to make them and this would be a lot easier. The bases we have are flat and have a bit of wave to them so the cardboard stands up well. If I was doing the figures, I would go this route for the monsters at least.

Bawylie

A very OK person
I have a number of paper minis but I don’t use those stands.

@Trashmobminis makes a paper stand that I use. I use packing tape as laminate. The whole thing is sufficiently sturdy, lightweight, and storeable.

I also use regular minis.

Sometimes I use the spare change in my pockets instead of monster minis. (mooks - like goblins are pennies, worgs can be a nickle so that my pennies can ride on their backs. An Ogre might be a toonie (Canadian money gives me lots of options!)

So anything you use to make your encounters cooler than that should work fine.

Remove ads