D&D 5E Island/Sea based adventure to take characters from lvl 1 to 3 (or so)

ddaley

Explorer
Ok, so I finally picked up Isle of Dread Reincarnated (just arrived today!), and would like to run it for my group. For some reason, I have been wanting to run this for a while. However, Isle of Dread assumes characters are level 3. So, I need a way to get the characters to level 3 before getting to the island.

I would be open to having the characters do a land based adventure before boarding the ship, but was thinking that it would be more fun to have them experience a mini-adventure on the journey... maybe on an island where they have to land for supplies or to avoid a storm or repair a ship... or whatever.

I would also be open to some mini-adventures once they make it to the Isle of Dread as well... but still like the idea of an island mini-adventure during the journey.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I wrote up an intro adventure when I first started out that had the PCs recover a medicinal vial that had been lost in a wreck off Waterdeep. I had a lot of fun running it, I’ll look it over and upload it if you’d be interested?

ddaley

Explorer
I wrote up an intro adventure when I first started out that had the PCs recover a medicinal vial that had been lost in a wreck off Waterdeep. I had a lot of fun running it, I’ll look it over and upload it if you’d be interested?

That sounds interesting. I would love to see it. A shipwreck adventure would be great!

Draegn

Explorer
How about a bridge?

shakespeare-london-bridge-1500x430.jpg

Medieval London Bridge was a setting I used once for a campaign. Each pier with it's own factions and atmosphere.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
You start in a tavern in the misty isles and someone walks in with an old map looking for a ship and a crew

Adventures
1 steal a map (tavern brawl)
2 join a crew
3 stop others from stealing a map (tavern brawl!!!)
4 find a ship
5 learn to sail
6 avoid pirates
7 avoid sea monsters
8 storm
9 ship wrecked on the Isle of dread!

I like treasure hunt as a start.
Players start at level 0. You can level them up to level 2 at the end of the adventure, maybe before. You can habe them level up to three after they get some formal training and then have them meet up later again.
That was about what I did back then in the 5e playtest where they actually had isle of threat as a playtest advebture.

ddaley

Explorer
I like treasure hunt as a start.
Players start at level 0. You can level them up to level 2 at the end of the adventure, maybe before. You can habe them level up to three after they get some formal training and then have them meet up later again.
That was about what I did back then in the 5e playtest where they actually had isle of threat as a playtest advebture.

Interesting. I'll take a look at Treasure Hunt. Apparently, I had already purchased it from drivethrurpg... And, I found an old copy of the play test version of Isle of Dread. It has some interesting ideas in it that are not in the Goodman Games version. I'll have to read through that as well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases