Has Paizo ever talked about releasing their adventures in 5E format?

Zardnaar

Legend
Kingmakets fairly easy to run as is for 5E their are only a few unique monsters in part one and two.

The Kingdom building rules need a slight overhaul as you can build your kingdom as a magical lolly Mart and get free items iirc. I think that was so you use your loot on settlements.

Part one and two hold up pretty good and the kingdom rules are fun initially but start falling apart later. They were revised. I would probably use them to make a home town/ city state vs a full on kingdom YMMV.

Reread all of it lately for a 5E conversion.

zztong

Explorer
A 5e Kingmaker Bestiary looks like a good and safe move. They outsourced it, right?

I think the Kingmaker AP is the strongest one Paizo ever released and its a good fit for many settings, not just Golarion. It would be a good 5e crossover if they wanted to go further.

Kurviak

Explorer
Yes, it says "Finally, we'll add a hardcover Kingmaker Bestiary for 5E, developed in conjunction with industry leaders in third-party 5E publishing, allowing players of the current edition of the world's oldest RPG the chance to experience the rich and detailed storylines that have made the Kingmaker Adventure Path a fan favorite for a decade."

Of course getting only monsters make for rather... sparse*... storylines, so there must be more than this.

*) Or maybe I'm alone in not being totally sold on the pitch "Today you will be fighting the following exciting monsters from the Kingmaker campaign!"

I never speculate about things I don’t have information, that’s an exercise of futility in my opinion. So if they say they are only doing that I believe that should be the case for that AP anniversary edition

Yes, it says "Finally, we'll add a hardcover Kingmaker Bestiary for 5E, developed in conjunction with industry leaders in third-party 5E publishing, allowing players of the current edition of the world's oldest RPG the chance to experience the rich and detailed storylines that have made the Kingmaker Adventure Path a fan favorite for a decade."

Of course getting only monsters make for rather... sparse*... storylines, so there must be more than this.

*) Or maybe I'm alone in not being totally sold on the pitch "Today you will be fighting the following exciting monsters from the Kingmaker campaign!"
As far as I can tell, the idea is that you buy the hardcover book, ignore the PF2 statblocks and substitute the appropriate 5e statblocks instead.

I know next to nothing about PF2, and not much more about 5e, but this implies that converting the combat encounters between systems is straightforward in a way that it (apparently) wasn't between PF1 and 4e.

I don't know if "non-combat" things like skill checks can be used as is, or whether you can use a straightforward rule of thumb like "if you are running this in 5e, reduce the PF2 skill check DCs by 5", or if the 5e DM has to convert it all.

CapnZapp

Legend
While 4E is more different from any other edition, I'm not desperate enough to convert on the fly.

If there were a complete 5E Kingmaker supplement in the works, complete with rebalanced and reworked monsters, encounters, equipment used by NPCs, loot, and magic shoppes that would be very interesting.

However at least one of my players have played the Pathfinder CRPG, so...

Interesting especially since one of the Paizo guys was recently in a related thread. Hopefully this opens the doors to straight up conversions. However I do find it funny how they refer to D&D "world's oldest rpg" instead of "worlds greatest rpg".

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I am excited about this 5e conversion, as I'm in a on and off (2 DMs alternating on a 6 month rotation) Kingmaker campaign. My alchemist will be completely different, but I'm OK with that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases