• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What previous supplements would you like to see brought back for 5e?

Sacrosanct

Legend
For me, it's a no brainer. I'd like to see a 5e version of the 2e Core Rules CD ROM. Obviously it doesn't need to be a CD ROM, but a program that you can use offline that:

-creates and updates PCs
-creates encounters
-includes digital copies of the core books
-basic map making software that hyperlinks to said created encounters

20 years later and I still use the CD ROM for certain things.

Hands down, my answer to these sorts of questions will always be a new Manual of the Planes. Sure, I've got, what, three of those already. But I could always use another.

Another one I wouldn't mind seeing brought back is the Aurora Whole Realms Catalog. I still use the original, especially the food and drink sections.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I would like something like Threat to the Nentir Vale made for various setting, with info and monster for diverse group/organization of foes from a specific setting.

Telvin

Explorer
None. I have no fond memories of 2E splat books.

I have no fond memories of any editions splat books. Well maybe the original 1e Deities and Demigods. Splat books create a power creep for the PCs that the monsters cannot keep up with. Its the main reason I am leaving Pathfinder. I will not be buying any splat books for 5e, or allowing my players to use them in my game.

Remove ads