Baldurs Gate 3 apparently in development (with evidence)

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
I an interested in what engine (and possible ruleset adaptation) they will be using. The divinity 2 game had something that would have matched swimmingly with the 4e ruleset

Providing this is true, of course.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The story is about dragging Baldur's Gate into Avernus. While most of the adventure may take place in Hell, that does not mean that a good portion of it might not also take place in Baldur's Gate.

She said it would be a single chapter, which she called a Gazeeter. She said this in context of saying the new book is almost entirely focused on Avernus.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I an interested in what engine (and possible ruleset adaptation) they will be using. The divinity 2 game had something that would have matched swimmingly with the 4e ruleset

Providing this is true, of course.

As far as ruleset goes, Nate Stewart was pretty firm when talking about any theoretical big video game on Spoilers & Swag earlier this year: as Brand Manager, he insists any new big game would have to be 5E.

gyor

Legend
Given the obvious tie, I mean BG: DIA likely is only partly set in BG for the sake of tying into BG3, otherwise there is no reason to set any of it in BG if most of BG: DIA is in hell rescueing Paladin cities. That suggests this will use the 5e rule set, there is absolutely no reason to use 2e rules for this, they fun in there time, but their time has past.

And they will want to tap into the massive 5e market, going 2e misses that growth opportunity.

gyor

Legend
I guess is time to play those enhanced editions. Good times ahead.

I just bought NWN1 enhanced Edition and the Wyrm Crown of Cormyr DLC like the first yesterday, and the DLC today, for Andriod Phones. Not BG: EE, but I couldn't go back to 2e, I had fun playing them back in the day of course.

Slit518

Adventurer
I hope Larian Studios uses 5th edition, every class/archetype from the PHB, and every race/sub-race from the PHB as well as the Goliath. If they do this, I will be super pumped for Baldur's Gate III, even more-so than I already am!

gyor

Legend
I hope Larian Studios uses 5th edition, every class/archetype from the PHB, and every race/sub-race from the PHB as well as the Goliath. If they do this, I will be super pumped for Baldur's Gate III, even more-so than I already am!

I hope they put in every race from VGTM, every subclass from XGTE, and every subrace from MTOFs and the SCAG and every FR deity.

gyor

Legend
BTW what are the media outlets saying teasing that it might be BG3, when it's right in the text files for the video announcement, that in my books is outright confirmation. That's not something they do by accident, and they wouldn't do that just to lie to people unless they are thirsty for hate mail.

No its silly to say it might be at this point, they straight up are.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases