• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic the Gathering Animated Series

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Several sources today are reporting that the Russo Brothers will be doing a Magic: The Gathering animates series (focusing on the Planeswalkers) for Netflix.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/magic-...etflix-conjure-up-animated-series-1202625796/

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ma...ted-series-netflix-russo-brothers-1203230595/

The Russo's will be in Executive Producer roles (which doesn't actually tell us what they will do, but hey...)

The showrunners for Magic:The Gathering will be Henry Gilroy (Star Wars Rebels) and Jose Molina (The Tick). Gilroy & Molina will also write the show. Animation will be done by Octopie Network and Bardel Studio.

Last edited:

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
So. Discussed this with a colleague who is a huge MtG nerd. (I have played a little, and still retain my old White/Red Soldier deck)

Couldn't decide if this will be targeted for a wider/younger audience or not. I think not. Especially after reading a couple articles, but he is not convinced. Thoughts?

I’m not a Magic player, but this is still pretty exciting. Bardel looks to have done work on The Dragon Prince, Bob’s Burgers, Teen Titans Go!, and Rick & Morty, amongst other things.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So. Discussed this with a colleague who is a huge MtG nerd. (I have played a little, and still retain my old White/Red Soldier deck)

Couldn't decide if this will be targeted for a wider/younger audience or not. I think not. Especially after reading a couple articles, but he is not convinced. Thoughts?

I think they are definitely aiming at a family audience: not Pokemon levels, but Avatar The Last Airbender, Clone Wars or Spiderverse. That's the audience they market the game to.

Remove ads