• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WOIN Defenses and increases to them in v1.2 errata

Drekin

Villager
Hello
I've hit upon a snag without being able to find the answer.
There are places in the core books where an exploit will refer to "+1 to all three Defense" or "+1 Defense and Mental Defense".
I assume this is from before the change over to Melee, Ranged, Mental and Vital defense. HOWEVER I do not understand how to read and correct them to the 4 Defense system.
Please advise
Drekin

Len

Prodigal Member
"+1 to all three Defense" should be "+1 to all four Defense". Vital Defense was added after the other three.

I'm not sure about "+1 Defense". Looking at some places where it occurs, it looks to me like it can mean either melee & ranged defense, or all defenses, depending on the context.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Early on there were two - DEFENSE, and MENTAL DEFENSE. Then there were three - MELEE, RANGED, and MENTAL, and so it meant MELEE and RANGED. Now there are four, but it still means MELEE and RANGED. It's a little historical remnant which could probably be done away with.

Len

Prodigal Member
Hmm... So a "shielding" spell (O.L.D. chapter V, under "Abjure") only affects melee & ranged defenses? Is there a similar way for a character to buff mental & vital defenses?

Remove ads