D&D 5E [Adventures in Middle Earth] adventure order?

daddystabz

Explorer
With all the official adventures put forth for the game up to this point if you wished to play through all the published adventures currently available with your campaign group what suggested order would you do so, please?

Additionally, are there any fanmade adventures out there I can purchase or download?

sim-h

Explorer
I'm not sure it's as straightforward as sequencing them all. The different books take place in different parts of the world and often compete to cover the same player levels. You could mix and match two or maybe three of the books (e.g. Wilderland Adventures and the Mirkwood Campaign) but playing them *all* with the same characters - I don't think that's something that would be advisable either for practicality or immersion.

If you just want to play them all with the same group, but with different characters (i.e. as multiple campaigns one after the other) then that might be possible. I really don't think the order would matter - just arrange them geographically and by level. So Bree, then Eriador adventures. Or Wilderland Adventures mixed in with the Mirkwood campaign.

daddystabz

Explorer
I'm not sure it's as straightforward as sequencing them all. The different books take place in different parts of the world and often compete to cover the same player levels. You could mix and match two or maybe three of the books (e.g. Wilderland Adventures and the Mirkwood Campaign) but playing them *all* with the same characters - I don't think that's something that would be advisable either for practicality or immersion.

If you just want to play them all with the same group, but with different characters (i.e. as multiple campaigns one after the other) then that might be possible. I really don't think the order would matter - just arrange them geographically and by level. So Bree, then Eriador adventures. Or Wilderland Adventures mixed in with the Mirkwood campaign.

I figured that it would be mostly with different characters but some of the elf characters might be able to realistically get through them all.

I figured that it would be mostly with different characters but some of the elf characters might be able to realistically get through them all.

Only if you change up the start dates published in some of the adventures, as there is some overlap between the books and some adventures would be taking place in the same month and year as adventures set in another region.

Remove ads