JollyDoc's Shackled City: FINAL POST [Updated 11/2!!]

JollyDoc

Explorer
Neverwinter Knight said:
What did I do?

The way I understood all the hints about Househang's death was that his demise took place at the end of Thirteen Cages. I'm acutally greatful that he is going to hang around longer. ;)

Houshang's...er...ultimate fate is far more entertaining than a random death at the hands of some feeble Cagewright. Heh, heh, heh.

CrusadeDave

First Post
JollyDoc said:
Just a cohort??!! Was Robin just a sidekick?? Chewbacca just a co-pilot?? Ryd just a little malformed thing hanging off the side of Dyr's head??

Ahh...the ignomy of it all!! How soon they forget the underdog!! Attica!! Attica!!

Robin: Ask Jason Todd.

Chewbacca: He must not have been a good co-pilot. Lando chose someone else to fly against the Death Star. Han just liked having some quality muscle at his side.

For me as a DM, one of the more difficult things to do is to keep enough NPC's around in the game world, that sensically would want to follow my PC with Leadership, that continue to move the game forward. I don't like just having people show up Mid Dungeon asking if they can tag along. Especially when the Cohort is over ECL 10. Theoretically, they should have their own things to do.

But still, better to get a new cohort that comes with equipment, then True Resurrect your old one, and have to buy all the gear back.

That's just expensive.

gfunk

First Post
CrusadeDave said:
But still, better to get a new cohort that comes with equipment, then True Resurrect your old one, and have to buy all the gear back.

That's just expensive.

True enough, which is why True resuurecting and giving him brand spanking new equipment, should let you a +10 bonus on the cohort table.

beer_motor

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
What did I do?

The way I understood all the hints about Househang's death was that his demise took place at the end of Thirteen Cages. I'm acutally greatful that he is going to hang around longer. ;)

It's Houshang, actually, but somehow I thought you said "evil wizard" ... sorry, I misread you (or you edited, sneaky bastard!).

Elemental

Explorer
Morrow said:
I love it. More campaigns should wrap-up like this. "We defended the city for the last 18 levels, but in the end we just decided to blow it up."

Morrow

Wasn't that basically what happened in Buffy the Vampire Slayer? ;)

beer_motor said:
It's Houshang, actually, but somehow I thought you said "evil wizard" ... sorry, I misread you (or you edited, sneaky bastard!).
I never thought of him as evil - he seems practical, though! ;)
And I never edit my posts...except when I can get away with it...

Last edited:

JollyDoc

Explorer
gfunk said:
Come on JD! The sooner you finish posting SoS, the sooner I can start posting Asylum!

Give me a break! Some of us have lives outside medical school, and have other responsibilities...like playing playstation, watching my new Blade Trinity dvd, and going to see Kung Fu Hustle (great movie by the way).

Update coming soon...

Joachim

First Post
You gotten into God of War yet? I already beat it. I found out that the main developer guy lives in Mountain Brook (a burrough of Birmingham, for the unitiated).

gfunk

First Post
JollyDoc said:
. . . and going to see Kung Fu Hustle (great movie by the way) . . .

Saw it last weekend with the missus. Coincidentally, heard a couple of fellers at the Soul Caliber arcade game talking about D&D. Apparently their DM had the group in a TPK last week and they are taking new players to start a game this Sunday.

Could our own group share a similar fate in the Istivin campaign?

Remove ads