How do you protect your gaming books?

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I don't.

I think the dings and bends and stains and stuff give the books character. The only think I make sure not to do, is bend the covers back to touch when reading it. .. Otherwise, I don't really care. Then again, I love writing in books and my books are full of highlights, scratch-outs and house rules in the margins.

Tetsubo

First Post
Fenes said:
I use the SRD PDF , and rarely carry many books with me and my laptop when I don't host a game.

At home that's what I do. I need the books at the games though as I don't own a laptop.

Painfully

First Post
My PH takes well over twice the abuse of any other RPG book I have. There's nothing quite like the comfort of knowing exactly what pages your own PH likes to open up to when you open the covers. It gives me a comfort factor when my books age with me.

I don't take any extra precautions with my PH other than to keep it dry (e.g., in a waterproof backpack for when it rains).

Gilladian

Adventurer
Try this site to find any number of high quality, acid free, repositionable adhesive book covers and covering materials.

The problem with shelf-paper and other non-book intended materials is that they are not archival. this may not be a great problem with something you are not worried about surviving more than 5-10 years at most, but if you intend to keep it, then you want to use archival quality materials.

Demco sells mostly to libraries, so their stuff is designed to last...

http://www.demco.com

Just type "book covers" in the search box.

Gilladian

Arnwyn

First Post
Psion said:
So what do you use to protect your frequently used gaming books?
By not transporting them.

I've never had problems, with even older books in very good shape (never could figure out why people had to buy "replacement copies" of the PHB, etc.).

Remove ads