Looking for assistance creating a backup character

Herzog

Adventurer
@Dannyalcatraz: Thank you, but no. If I should pick up another PrC it should have full BaB progression in combination with slow spellcasting progression.

Also, to both you and @Greenfield, I am staying away from templates. Both because of LA and because of my DM.

I am currently looking at builds like Fighter4/Warmage4/AA, Fighter6/Warmage1/AA
and even considered for a moment to go Hexblade 6/AA (AFAIK, the shortest route to AA within the allowed books)

Fighter6/Warmage1 is currently my favourite (because of the number of feats I can pump into the build) although second level spells (and expanded knowledge at lvl 3) for the warmage look nice too. If only I knew of a must-have first level spell on the sorcerer/wizard Evocation list for Arcane Archers that isn't on the warmage list already...

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I thought the Hexblade might work, but I didn't have that sourcebook handy. I couldn't remember if they had spells or spell-like abilities.

Greenfield

Adventurer
As a note, while I understand that your DM might have reservations, you should be aware that not all templates include a level adjustment.

Half Satyr (Published in Dragon magazine, not in Savage Species) is an example of one that doesn't. Low light vision and many of the same bonuses as Half Elf, but you get to keep the Human advantages. Plus you are automatically Fey blooded, as the feat.

Not pressing that particular package, which I don't think is on your approved source list, just giving an example.

Remove ads