D&D 5E Disintegrate vs Forcecage

Well we'll see how it goes. My player's characters seem to be able to dish out a lot on their turns (they work well as a team), so unless the monster has some staying power it can all go their way quite quickly. The Demon Lord stats in the OotA appendix seem quite low.

I prefer the abilities of the OoTA version. But you could always just give Yeenoghu max hp for his Hit die. That will increase his staying power by a lot if you are worried about that.

For example that is 480 hp.

Dausuul

Legend
For escaping a forcecage, disintegrate is better than teleport, anyway. Teleport has a chance of failure; disintegrate does not.

(Yeenoghu can avert the failure chance on teleport with a shot of Legendary Resistance, of course; but that just trades one penalty for another. LR is a precious defensive resource.)

dave2008

Legend
I should have specified that I'm using @dave2008's beefed 5e monsters. His version of Yeenoghu has Disintegrate instead of Teleport.

But you're right that some limited teleport would be a good addition for Demon Lords.

@robus, I just wanted to point out that my Demon Lords have some standard spells that they all have access too. If you look at the demon lord traits, all demon lords have the following spells:

At will: comprehend languages, darkness, detect magic, detect thoughts, polymorph, see invisibility, telekinesis
3/day each: arcane gate, dispel magic, fear, teleport
1/day each: forbiddance, symbol

So my version of Yeenoghu does still have access to teleport.

However, as @MonsterEnvy noted, I plan to add limited range at-will teleport abilities in future updates.

Last edited:

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
[MENTION=6801558]robus[/MENTION], I just wanted to point out that my Demon Lords have some standard spells that they all have access too. If you look at the demon lord traits, all demon lords have the following spells:

At will: comprehend languages, darkness, detect magic, detect thoughts, polymorph, see invisibility, telekinesis
3/day each: arcane gate, dispel magic, fear, teleport
1/day each: forbiddance, symbol

So mt version of Yeenoghu does still have access to teleport.

Ahh - I missed that! Thanks for pointing it out. And oh dear!! :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases