D&D 5E PotA: more questions

Balfore

Explorer
When the prophets begin to summon their Prince from their portals, how long, how many rounds until the Prince shows up? it doesn't give a time frame.
There should be a length of time in rounds, shouldn't there?
I know, they shouldn't be summoned, so, what's a decent time?

I plan on them fighting at least 1.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

When the prophets begin to summon their Prince from their portals, how long, how many rounds until the Prince shows up? it doesn't give a time frame.
There should be a length of time in rounds, shouldn't there?
I know, they shouldn't be summoned, so, what's a decent time?

I plan on them fighting at least 1.

You probably should have read ahead a bit more. The time limit is however long the character take to get the last one. The first Prophet they defeat results in the rest retreating down into the dungeon. Two going into their nodes while one goes to the fane of the eye. Once they defeat the prophet in the fane and one of the prophets in the nodes (The one in the nodes being enhanced with lair actions.) The final prophet is nearly done with the summoning and finishes when the characters arrive.

Pretty much they the fight the prince of the prophet they go after last.

And no their should not be a length of time in rounds as 1 round is 6 seconds.

My group fought one of the prophets to a draw, and they both pulled back to regroup. So, when they descended into the Fane, they still had all 4 prophets alive. I had the Air prophet waiting for them in the Fane...she had already summoned her Prince. The party went after the Earth Prophet and were able to kill him before he could summon Ogremoch. Then they went after the Water Prophet just as he was summoning Olhydra (I made it a really tense fight...as they were trying to defeat Gar, tentacles of water kept sweeping out of the portal to attack the group, too).

So now, they have 1 prophet left. Vanifer has summoned Imix, so now there are 2 elemental princes roaming around in the world. The party is preparing to descend into the Air node to do something about Yan-C-Bin...we'll see how it goes.

Creamsteak

Explorer
[MENTION=6706188]MonsterEnvy[/MENTION] covered the book as written. You are, of course, permitted to make things a bit more organic if you want.

Balfore

Explorer
You probably should have read ahead a bit more. The time limit is however long the character take to get the last one. The first Prophet they defeat results in the rest retreating down into the dungeon. Two going into their nodes while one goes to the fane of the eye. Once they defeat the prophet in the fane and one of the prophets in the nodes (The one in the nodes being enhanced with lair actions.) The final prophet is nearly done with the summoning and finishes when the characters arrive.

Pretty much they the fight the prince of the prophet they go after last.

And no their should not be a length of time in rounds as 1 round is 6 seconds.
So, since I ran this on a rail, I have the Earth and Fire left.
I think I'll have them fight both Princes.
They are already decked out with magic items.
My players are so seasoned, they face-roll everything (been playing for 20 years).
Since we've all played MMO's together, they all know their rolls and how to play as a machine.

So, since I ran this on a rail, I have the Earth and Fire left.
I think I'll have them fight both Princes.
They are already decked out with magic items.
My players are so seasoned, they face-roll everything (been playing for 20 years).
Since we've all played MMO's together, they all know their rolls and how to play as a machine.

Out of curiosity why did you run it on a rail?

Balfore

Explorer
Better flow of the story, and better progression in levels.
We don't use XP, so it's better for us.
Haven't used XP in years

Well you don't have to put it on rails to use milestone leving. Somthing like defeating Gar could mean a level up. But I like that you can take the temples on in any order. (In fact you can walk between them.) But whatever works for your group. So long as you all are having fun.

Balfore

Explorer
Going to the weeping colossus at level 9 would be disastrous.
It would also make it unbalanced and anticlimactic to be level 13, and turn around and face-roll the Air Temple.
The rail adds a moderate progression and ends with a well deserved climax.

Remove ads