MiPS Lost Mine Part II

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus side-steps five feet farther along the path toward the town, without leaving the reach of the Bugbear's he has already hit, in order to cause it to have to adjust to his new position. As he does so, he draws and shoots another arrow at it:

[roll0] [roll1]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: [MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION], you mentioned you don't see the map. May I suggest you use the browser to see it. You don't need to dash since we turned back because Castagyr logged behind. You could attack and still join us.

Could you please move Castagyr to where you want him to be?

[MENTION=61026]tuxgeo[/MENTION], I moved Eddicus.
[MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], I'll wait for Trogdor to move Castagyr so I don't remain up front as sole tank :)

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: . . . and, in related news, I made the same mistake all over again: I had Eddicus loose an arrow while in melee range, which requires two attack rolls, take the lower, because of his disadvantage from a ranged attack while in melee. OK, I'll provide a second attack roll here for Eddicus.

Alternate attack roll for Eddicus (take the lower):
[roll0]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: Two things: (1) With the new attack roll provided above for Eddicus' arrow shot on his turn against the Red-Square Bugbear, the two attack rolls are 25 and 22. I think that's probably still a hit, but the second damage die roll in my post #392 should be ignored, because the attack ends up not being a Crit. (2) Castagyr doesn't have far to go to catch up with the others, according to the map, as he's only a short distance east of Eddicus.

Neurotic

OOC: Two things: (1) With the new attack roll provided above for Eddicus' arrow shot on his turn against the Red-Square Bugbear, the two attack rolls are 25 and 22. I think that's probably still a hit, but the second damage die roll in my post #392 should be ignored, because the attack ends up not being a Crit. (2) Castagyr doesn't have far to go to catch up with the others, according to the map, as he's only a short distance east of Eddicus.

Isn't there 5' step so you don't have to disengage? You know, move diagonally down and you'll be out of its reach.

OOC: I can't even VIEW the map on my phone, but in that case I'll disengage so I'm not attacked

OOC: [MENTION=11387]Trogdor[/MENTION], we're in melee, there is no more running away. This is current map (as close as I can make it here). i.e. Eddicus is in melee, you're in melee and third hobbo is close. There is no way we can beat them without killing them at the moment IMHO. I'd like to group them to blast them with my last spell...but we have to do some damage ASAP. My 2c.

Code:
     -- -- -- -- -- -------------H1
Brlo -----------------------L - E -- -- -- -- --      
                             --  -C - - H3
                                   H2

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Isn't there 5' step so you don't have to disengage? You know, move diagonally down and you'll be out of its reach. . . .

OOC: Five-foot-step? I believe that's still 3.5E-thinking. I haven't seen such a thing in 5E: once you're in melee, it appears to me that you have to use the Disengage action to get out of it, or else provoke an Opportunity Attack. I think that's deliberate on the part of the designers of the game: nothing else other than moving out of melee reach provokes OA, so they want to make sure a PC can't simply avoid the OA feature with a 5' step.
Again, this is IMHO.

Neurotic

OOC: Five-foot-step? I believe that's still 3.5E-thinking. I haven't seen such a thing in 5E: once you're in melee, it appears to me that you have to use the Disengage action to get out of it, or else provoke an Opportunity Attack. I think that's deliberate on the part of the designers of the game: nothing else other than moving out of melee reach provokes OA, so they want to make sure a PC can't simply avoid the OA feature with a 5' step.
Again, this is IMHO.

OK, so you cannot shoot without being hammered. But taking the weapon is free as part of attack action...and you can even keep the bow in your other hand since you don't have a shield. You don't have to take OA anyhow.

Remove ads