MiPS Lost Mine Part II

tuxgeo

Adventurer
< snip > . . .
Move: right next to Ediccus and Hobgoblin
Action: [thunderwave] . . .

[Sblock=Eddicus] Your mind screams at you that your companions need you. At first the damaged part of you tells you to just lie there, but then another part of you shouts 'get yer butt up!'
Suddeenly you feel a liquid flowing into you and you feel a searing pain as bones begin to shift, torn and sore muscles and tendons begin to stitch themselves together again. [/Sblock]

OOC: OK, color me confused by this: According to Neurotic's post, the action Leonan took during this turn was to cast his final spell, Thunderwave; and as not-an-action, he prayed that the vial contained a healing potion. Did Leonan also get to administer that vial of liquid to Eddicus as a Bonus Action? (I would expect he couldn't perform two full actions in one turn.)

Edit: Silly tuxgeo -- Doubts are for Kids! If the DM ruled that a healing potion was administered to your PC, take it! Post a heroic action for your PC quickly, before more editing occurs.

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Pushing through his feelings of haze and pain from his having fallen, Eddicus suddenly experiences unexpected life returning to his body. From his sense of touch he learns that his bow is still, somehow, clutched in his left hand, so Eddicus rolls slightly to his right and rises quickly from the ground, resuming once more a familiar battle stance.
HP restored by (unidentified) potion: [roll0]

He shouts a hardly-thought-out "Ugh!" as he nocks and draws yet another arrow, then shoots it at the bugbear who is menacing Leonan -- because Castagyr seems to be faring spectacularly well at this point, and doesn't need any help.
[roll1] [roll2]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: DANGIT! I made the same old mistake for a third time running: Eddicus is in melee range, so he has to make his bowshots at Disadvantage. OK, here's another attack roll for the attack above. Take the lower attack roll. . . .

[roll0]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: DANGIT! I made the same old mistake for a third time running: Eddicus is in melee range, so he has to make his bowshots at Disadvantage. OK, here's another attack roll for the attack above. Take the lower attack roll. . . .

[roll0]

OOC: You also forgot you could draw melee weapon as part of attack action and attack without penalty. :)

Axel

First Post
Brlo stares in incredulity as Eddicus gets up off the ground. Sonofabitch, he must be as tough as a Dwarf!

Determined not to let the tough human down, he squints down his crossbow sights at the Bugbear looming over the man. He squeezes the trigger... (Attack roll: 1d20+6 17, Damage roll: 1d10+2+1d6 14)

He doesn't wait to see the result of his shot before turning to see the new threat from behind.

mips42

Adventurer
Brlo fires his bow from range, the arrow flies and buries deep in the creatures' back. With a howl of pain, the Bugbear falls.
Eddicus rolls, groaning, away from the fallen beast and fires his bow at the Bugbear menacing Castagyr. Somehow the arrow flies true and also hits the Monster square in the back. Twitching and spasming, the beast falls.
Leonan, seeing both bugbears fall, reaches down and helps his comrade up off the ground.
Castagyr looks at the fallen beasts, then at Leonan and Eddicus. 'Let's move.'

[sblock=Brlo] Looking towards town, you can see Harbin Wester, Sildar Hallwinter and one other person headed your way.[/sblock]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: I have now, finally, copied the URL of the Google map into a text file so I can go right to it whenever.

Eddicus thanks Leonan for the helping hand that steadies his stance and asks, "What just happened? I needed to get up off the ground."

He looks around at the fallen Bugbears and adds, "Wait: Never mind--let's talk later! Let's go now to rejoin with Brlo so we can plan as a group, if that's alright, unless there are more pressing concerns." He looks to each of Leonan and Castagyr for their opinions.
OOC: And still Eddicus doesn't use his Channel Divinity: he's the only one injured, and is already at more than half maximum HP.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: And still Eddicus doesn't use his Channel Divinity: he's the only one injured, and is already at more than half maximum HP.

OOC: Not quite true. Leonan is at 9 hp and Brlo has only singe hit point (1hp) - I'm pretty sure that eye monster burned Castagyr at some point, I just don't remember the damage.

I moved Leonan one square only (assuming he walked to all hobbos he would effectively spend most of his move. I moved Castagyr 6 squares left.

Leonan picks the weapons off the hobgoblins
"No sense in leaving them for red thugs." and rushes after the companions

Last edited:

Remove ads