MiPS Lost Mine Part II

Axel

First Post
Brlo started swearing in Dwarvish as the bugbears began swarming out. Hefting his crossbow to his shoulder and sighting, the curses turned into a muttered prayer. "All-father, guide my aim as you have guided my life. Let me live today, that this evil be put to rest." [casting Hunter's Mark, Bonus Action]

Holding his breath, Brlo squeezed the trigger, aiming for the bugbear that Eddicus had struck in the chest and sorely wounded (Attack roll: 1d20+6 23, Damage: 1d10+2+1d6 12)

Smiling as the arrow struck true, he risked a glance behind to check on the prisoners before reloading.

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: Talk about your well-timed Crits! Good job!

Eddicus looses a secocond arrow at the already sorely wounded Bugbear and his arrow again flies true and catched the beast right in the throat! With a gurgling growl, it slumps to the ground.
Castagyr Strikes out with his lance and hits the bugbear next to him, wounding it but it is still alive.
Leonan lobs a globe of green acid at the two remaining bugbears, the one attacking Castagyr manages to avoid it but the other is hit, singing its fur lightly.
Brlo launches a crossbow bolt from long range again and, again is able to hit the monster attacking Castagyr. The bolt flies true and manages to catch the beast in its hamstring, causing it to howl with pain. It it now sorely wounded.

The bugbear nest to Castagyr swings its' sword but misses wildly.
The bugbear that shot a arrow last turn runs up and swings his sword at Eddicus. His sword bites in hard.(11 HP)

PC's turn again.

Map: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/19gZ1x92yvwV92RriYgr9oghDAN1sfVJXCWJ2-FRuXxc/edit

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: Talk about your well-timed Crits! Good job! < snip > . . .
The bugbear nest to Castagyr swings its' sword but misses wildly.
The bugbear that shot a arrow last turn runs up and swings his sword at Eddicus. His sword bites in hard.(11 HP)

PC's turn again. . . .

Eddicus drops to the ground, severely wounded.
OOC: From 15 maximum HP, he took hits of 9 and 11 damage (total 20). He's now at 0 HP.

Death Saving Throw at the start of Eddicus' turn:
[roll0]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Get away from him, you butcher!"
shouts the Sorcerer moving right up to fallen priest. The sound if his voice amplifies under the stress and visible waves of sound crash over the goblinoid, trying to push him away.

He fishes out the via from is bag and prays to Tymora it is healing option and not some battle mix.

"Castagyr, Brlo, finish this quickly!"

[sblock=Actions]
Move: right next to Ediccus and Hobgoblin
Action:Thunder wave CON dc 13; surge check; surge check: 2D8 = [7, 7] = 14
1D20 = [18] = 18
1D20 = [12] = 12
save is with disadvantage due to Tides of Chaos, pushed 10 feet back unless save is made

Free: get the potion
[/sblock]

OOC: [MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION], how Castagyr stands with spells? Any left?

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
"Moradin damnit! Ur at ein Yoth ein thamar shall prevail!" Brlo yelled, forgetting that nobody else could probably understand him. Panting slightly from the strain, with barely scabbed over sounds beginning to bleed again, Brlo finishes winding his crossbow. Aiming carefully, he remembers to correct for the distance this time - last time the bolt had nearly ploughed the earth instead of flesh (Attack roll: 1d20+6 23, Damage roll: 1d10+2+1d6 12).

Satisfied with the shot, he growls at the prisoners behind him. "Kav not move!"

ooc: I found a Minecraft dwarf translator thing. Sorry...

mips42

Adventurer
Eddicus first death save fail.
Leonan rushed to his fallen companions side shouting "Get away from him, you butcher!" His voice, booming with anger, tosses the massive Bugbear as if it were a leaf on the wind. Quickly, he fishes out the vial and, with a quiet prayer, pours the thin liquid down his companions throat.
Brlo again launches a bolt from his distant position and the bolt flies true, burying deep into the Bugbear facing Castagyr. FOr a brief moment, the beast staggers and looks as if it might fall but, with a bloody grin, it regains its footing and approaches.
Castagyr quickly bring his lance to bear on the Bugbear but misjudges the beasts speed and misses.
The bugbear roars, bloody spittle flying, and whips its blade at Castagyr but the blow clangs off of his armor.
The other Bugbear slowly picks itself up off of the ground and smiles a toothy smile, then rushes back to Leonan, blade flashing. The made is able to sidestep the Bugbears hasty attack, though.

Brlo, you can hear a crashing sound from the south and voices coming from the west, towards town.
[MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION], [MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION] [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=61026]tuxgeo[/MENTION], pc's turn again.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: OK, Leonan has poured a liquid down Eddicus' throat. If it truly was a healing potion, then that means that I get to narrate Eddicus' revival, and standing from prone, and maybe an action; however, if it was alchemical fire, then that means I get to narrate nothing, but must instead provide another death saving throw.

What was in the vial, [MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION]?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Except you don't since my action was a spell, my move was approach so you only get another death save unless mips is generous and giving you a potion is a bonus action.

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Except you don't since my action was a spell, my move was approach so you only get another death save unless mips is generous and giving you a potion is a bonus action.

OOC: Ah! Got it: Leonan only cast a spell, but didn't yet pour the potion. OK, I can work with that. . . .

Eddicus death saving throw:
[roll0]

mips42

Adventurer
[Sblock=Eddicus] Your mind screams at you that your companions need you. At first the damaged part of you tells you to just lie there, but then another part of you shouts 'get yer butt up!'
Suddeenly you feel a liquid flowing into you and you feel a searing pain as bones begin to shift, torn and sore muscles and tendons begin to stitch themselves together again. [/sblock]

Remove ads