MiPS Lost Mine Part II

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Leonan releases another glob of acid at the door where it splashes all over the space, eating into the lock and hinges.
"That should give them an idea that we're still here. Now lets ambush them when they exit from the secret tunnel"

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus concurs quietly with the others (so those inside won't hear his speech), and goes with the others back along the path toward town, but only as far as need be before heading down the rise upon which the manor was built, skirting slightly westward and mostly south around the woods toward the location of the hidden tunnel.

If they reach the hidden tunnel before the Bugbears and Redbrands appear there (if they do), then Eddicus motions to back off and take cover; then he backs away from the tunnel (on the town side of the tunnel, not the fields side of the tunnel) to a point at the edge of the woods from which he can see the mouth of the tunnel, while still affording cover for himself and his shortbow -- if there is such a place.

He also listens to any further plans the others may have while he does so.

OOC: . . . and I don't know what Brlo is doing while this is going on.

Neurotic

Brlo should be out of game since we're between combat and player is inactive. Let him take two thugs oni town and maybe muster some support. There is that mine Lady, she might have some muscle ready and others might defend their homes finally. I'd say we have good chance at defeat link the thugs if we play this right.

My 2c

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: This thread now has the "KickStarter" topic logo on it instead of the D&D5E topic logo. I have no idea why that is.

mips42

Adventurer
Brlo continues to hustle the two bound ruffians towards town, one, now, with a bum leg.
After Leonan's splash of acid, you all begin to head down the path to the base of the hill when, from behind you, you hear a loud crash of wood and squeal of bending metal. Castagyr, bringing up the rear, sees one of the massive Bugbears exit the cellar, using the door itself as a makeshift shield. The Bugbear spots Castagyr, shouts to its companions and begins pursuit. Luckily, the two following cannot see any of you at this point so cannot fire their bows.

PC's Turn. @Neurotic @Trogdor1992 @Alex @tuxgeo

Map https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/19gZ1x92yvwV92RriYgr9oghDAN1sfVJXCWJ2-FRuXxc/edit

Last edited:

Neurotic

OOC: [MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], now it works. I drew the line between Leonan and Hobgoblin. Since it intersects house corner I guess I cannot shoot them either without moving from the path.
If that is true
I moved Leonan 12 squares (double move) and left X at his original place so you can restore his position if I messed something up.

Leonan runs after Brlo and Ediccus. (dash action)
"We might need some ranged cover soon! Go! Go! Go!"

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: Does verbal description of action suffice, or are we to move our characters' tokens on the map?

Eddicus calls behind him, "Castagyr, close up the distance between you and Brlo if you can. There are a couple of trees for cover at the bend of the path. Also, my 'Preserve Life' ability only carries a distance of thirty feet."

The cleric continues along the path following Brlo and Leonan, moving his normal distance. Then he turns and draws and nocks an arrow, readying an action to shoot at a likely target if and when the Bugbears come into view, with priority on enemy archers.
OOC: Restraining myself: I deliberately did not have Eddicus advise Castagyr to take cover behind that blue "X" or to shove it aside so he could continue along the path toward the town. That would be breaking the fourth wall too much. . . .
Also OOC: the cellar room is shown instead of the exterior of the manor. That makes a kind of sense, because that gives us a good reference to where we were before, and a good guess about range distances. I hope the movement I specified IC allows Eddicus to target Bugbears within the normal range of his shortbow, which is eighty (80) feet.

Remove ads