• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MiPS Lost Mine Part II

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Leonan casts image of himself, crouching low next to the door, holding a crossbow. As he pulls the door, he steps behind them as the image surges upward pointing the crossbow inside.

OOC: I still think we're overcautious, but as the saying goes, better safe then sorry.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus nocks an arrow on the string of his short bow and draws the bowstring back, ready to fire if the need arises. He gives a friendly nod to Leonan.

mips42

Adventurer
Despite having a good look around, Eddicus is unable to determine what it is that made him feel something had changed.
After a deep breath and a moment to calm nerves, Leonan roughly opens the door revealing... A mostly empty room.
The space is rectangular, longer north-south than wide. Inside along the south wall is another pile of boxes and barrels as well as two double sets of bunks along the north and west walls. Three of the bunks look like they have been used fairly recently and have grimy red cloaks wadded up in rumpled piles on them.
One of the boxes has been pulled over near the bunks to be used as a makeshift table and you can see some cards and coins on the top of it, as well as a trio of mugs.

OOC: Good to hear that Dwarven dialect again, Axel. Glad all is well. Map is updated. https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/13XHWINXfYyCTJCI5WvVA6oO87sC13lcVX67p7UPr_RY/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Neurotic

"I was mistaken, there was someone here! Check quickly around especially the door under the stairs. We may have trouble coming."
Leonan checks once more into the room, just to be sure no one is hiding inside. Then he returns to the cister hall watching others search and keeping a spell ready.

OOC: there is no apparent space where someone might hide in the small room? Also, ready acid splash to hit anyone popping suddenly to attack.

Axel

First Post
"Hmph!" Brlo grunts. Leonan can probably hear the disdain meant to be heard in the sound.

The dwarf pushes past the others and walks into the barracks room, crossbow held about waist high. After a check of the roof, behind the door, under the beds and anywhere a human sized animal might physically fit he relaxes and takes he strain off the crossbow string (assuming he doesn't find anything!).

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"Alright, the Redbrands know the layout of their own hideout better than we do. They know where to go to get away from us, or to set up an ambush, or to go warn the others. If our presence was noticed, they're getting ready for us now, or soon."

He pauses to think for a second, then asks the others: "Does this cellar room look different from the way it looked when we passed through it on our way to the cavern? Maybe it's just a difference in the light, but it seems subtly changed to me; however, I can't put my finger on anything that might have changed."

Neurotic

"They probably moved something as they went through. Brlo, can you find new tracks in the dust away from these doors?"

[url="http://dice-roller.wikidot.com/rolls:609]Perception (1d20+3=9)[/url] - I'm guessing nothing new :p

mips42

Adventurer
after spending a minute or so looking, it's clear that there is no one in the room, although it does look like there was only recently. Leonan is still unable to determine what might have been different.

(OOC: at this point it would be impossible to tell anyways.)

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: Okay, looks like some stuff went missing in the DB corruption. Time to re-set the scene

Everyone is now outside the cellar, including 2 bound Redbrands. You can hear more redbrands and Bugbears coming. [MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION]
@uxgeo [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION]

Neurotic

One would expect they learned to do proper backups when they were hacked some years ago.

Mips, could you post map link and Init order if you recall it. Thank you

Remove ads