DDAL Lost Tales of Myth Drannor: DDAL's "Secret" D&D Book For Gen Con 50

Lost Tales of Myth Drannor is an official D&D Adventurers League book containing six adventures for characters of levels 1-20. It is billed as a promo for Gen Con's 50th anniversary, although it will eventually appear on the DMs Guild -- from DDAL's Greg Marks: "It is a book that is a promo for GC50 and cons the admins are invited to. It will eventually appear on the DMsGuild."

Lost Tales of Myth Drannor is an official D&D Adventurers League book containing six adventures for characters of levels 1-20. It is billed as a promo for Gen Con's 50th anniversary, although it will eventually appear on the DMs Guild -- from DDAL's Greg Marks: "It is a book that is a promo for GC50 and cons the admins are invited to. It will eventually appear on the DMsGuild."

Greg also added that "When initially released some are being distributed by BMG at Gen Con (I can't speak to how) and some by admins as promos" and that its appearance on DMsGuild would be "some months later.... PDF and possibly POD".

He added later that "I can't speak to what the BMG folks will be doing with their allotment, but the admins that are there will have some as well (myself, Claire and Alan are attending). The first print run of Super Secret Project 76 (not its real name) will be used by the admins as a promo item that we hand out at cons we go to (an actual book is a pretty awesome promo!). It will eventually go up on the DMsGuild as well, though not immediately. I will continue to tease more info on my twitter (@Skerrit7h3green) up until it is released on August 17th."

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.39.42.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.40.17.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.41.58.png

DHRafquWsAEbRCZ.jpg

And there's a LOT of them sitting in boxes at Gen Con this week!

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.42.29.png

warfteiner

First Post
There have been a couple canon questions here: it is a Dungeons & Dragons product, not just an "Adventurers League" product. This means that it is legal for AL play, and the contents of this product are just as canon as the other products that have been published (SKT, ToA, and the rest).

There was also a comment about Calypso and Phlan. I hope this helps: any adventure marked CCC is not 'canon' for AL play though it is still valid. The sheer number of CCC adventures compared against available man-hours means that we are NOT watching those adventures as closely as we do the DDAL, DDEP, and others for plot points and concerns. If your local event is wanting to design content for Phlan, we are suggesting that you work with other Phlan designers and gather their input (there are facebook and slack channels to help facilitate this) and that you don't essentially burn the city down. Cooperation heartily encouraged, but continuity across hundreds of non-core adventures is not something that we are "hard-lining". Think of them as something similar to the DC 'Elseworlds' comics.

dagger

Adventurer
Also who cares if its cannon? Are high levels just did a quick run into Myth Drannor to loot and old Temple. Guess what, its just like it was in 2nd Edition, because the DM thinks the 3e/4e/5e changes to Myth Drannor are terrible.

I do recommend spending the money and picking up the box set on EBAY it rocks.

There was also a comment about Calypso and Phlan. I hope this helps: any adventure marked CCC is not 'canon' for AL play though it is still valid. The sheer number of CCC adventures compared against available man-hours means that we are NOT watching those adventures as closely as we do the DDAL, DDEP, and others for plot points and concerns. If your local event is wanting to design content for Phlan, we are suggesting that you work with other Phlan designers and gather their input (there are facebook and slack channels to help facilitate this) and that you don't essentially burn the city down. Cooperation heartily encouraged, but continuity across hundreds of non-core adventures is not something that we are "hard-lining". Think of them as something similar to the DC 'Elseworlds' comics.

Good to know. I was of the impression there was tight threading of the stories/seasons.

gyor

Legend
Also who cares if its cannon? Are high levels just did a quick run into Myth Drannor to loot and old Temple. Guess what, its just like it was in 2nd Edition, because the DM thinks the 3e/4e/5e changes to Myth Drannor are terrible.

I do recommend spending the money and picking up the box set on EBAY it rocks.

I care, I have no interest in it if its not canon.

dave2008

Legend
I care, I have no interest in it if its not canon.

Why is that? What is so special about canon, a good adventure is a good adventure (not saying this one is good - but you get the point). What do you loose if it is not canon, what do you gain if it is?

I am truly curious. As someone you has never been overly concerned about canon in general and even more sore for RPGs and D&D in particular, I simple don't understand this viewpoint.

On a side note, in post #41, one of the creators says it is as much canon as SKT, ToA, and the rest of the published adventures for 5e.

dave2008

Legend
Me too
But if the creators of that book are merely the AL admins, they don't get a say in what is FR canon.

Maybe (and maybe not), but just because Mearls said it wasn't canon doesn't mean it will not be. He is not the sole source and gate keeper of D&D lore.

EDIT: Personally, I think the idea of D&D "canon" is a bit odd and counter to the spirit of D&D and RPGs in general.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads