To WotC: Don't forget any of the worlds! A list of nearly 100 Official WotC Worlds, Settings, or Timelines - did I miss any?

Maybe the 1st block of 4 get merged into Forgotten Realms. They're all about Medieval/Renaissance High/Mid/Low fantasy anyway.

haha - what an idea - I'd like to see exactly how you'd do that - yeah, turn Toril into Garweeze Wurld and cut and past the Known World, Ansalon, and the Flanaess onto the other side of the globe? yippee!

Maybe the 2nd block of 2 get merged into each other. They're both about traveling between worlds anyway.

That is likely. The boundaries of the crystal spheres are recast as planar boundaries. I wonder if each world's "outer space" is actually infinite, and the spelljammer winks out into another world's "outer space"? Or if each world's plane actually ends at the edge of its solar system? I wonder how they'll describe constellations, such as constellations seen in the night sky of Krynn - are those stars in a different plane, or can they be reachable via "spacetravel"?

Everything off this list gets basically jettisoned and only gets a passing reference once in a while to mess with the grognards.

The 4E enthusiasts would say the same thing: jettison everything but Nerath, the others only get a passing reference. I mean, all we really need is Nentir Vale - the rest is crusty grognardism. :)

bmfrosty

Explorer
haha - what an idea - I'd like to see exactly how you'd do that - yeah, turn Toril into Garweeze Wurld and cut and past the Known World, Ansalon, and the Flanaess onto the other side of the globe? yippee!

Nah. Way easier than that. Just call it all Forgotten Realms, and then take the parts they want from other medieval/renaissance fantasy settings like the Temple of Elemental Evil or the Tomb of Horrors and put them in the Forgotten Realms. The other parts just get jettisoned.

Nah. Way easier than that. Just call it all Forgotten Realms, and then take the parts they want from other medieval/renaissance fantasy settings like the Temple of Elemental Evil or the Tomb of Horrors and put them in the Forgotten Realms. The other parts just get jettisoned.

Even easier - let's take all the parts "they" want from the rest of FR, and the whole D&D mutliverse, and place them all in the Dale-lands and call it Nentir Dale! The other countries and continents of Toril just get jettisoned. :D

bmfrosty

Explorer
Better yet, let's take all the parts "they" want from the rest of FR, and the whole D&D mutliverse, and place them all in the Dale-lands and call it Nentir Dale! The other countries and continents of Toril just get jettisoned. :D

I suppose, but they already seem to be going with what I've suggested.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Even easier - let's take all the parts "they" want from the rest of FR, and the whole D&D mutliverse, and place them all in the Dale-lands and call it Nentir Dale! The other countries and continents of Toril just get jettisoned. :D
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

If it will not make a profit, Hasbro/WotC will not bring it back, so that eliminates at least 95% of those.

I'm not suggesting that an actual sourcebook (or even a Curse-of-Strahd-style "sample adventure") be made for any of these 100 Continuities, except for the major, profitable ones.

I'm simply asking that when the Planescape/Spelljammer meta-setting book (or PDF) is released, that WotC be thorough and include all of these worlds and settings on the D&D cosmological/galactic/phlogistonic map. Perhaps never to be revisited again.

Similarly, just because 5E is not going to produce a hardcover sourcebook for each and every country in Faerun, doesn't mean that the map of Faerun shouldn't show all of the countries, even if they're backwaters which won't be visited in any upcoming products. I'm just asking that the map of D&D Multiverse show all its worlds, including alternate timelines (which are really parallel worlds).

And then open up them all to DM's Guild.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
If it will not make a profit, Hasbro/WotC will not bring it back, so that eliminates at least 95% of those.

Where do you get the idea that those settings won't make a profit?

If Mearls, Crawford, and Perkins all got drunk and puked in a bucket, and then labelled it "Planescape Star*Drive: The Known World of Oerth," people would be lining up to pre-order it.

Where do you get the idea that those settings won't make a profit?

People said the same thing about Ravenloft ("only Forgotten Realms is profitable")...but now we have Curse of Strahd and a whole Ravenloft AL module series.

Each of the other worlds could be visited by a hardcover cross-over adventure book set in an iconic site (Castle Greyhawk for Oerth, Threshold (and environs) in Mystara, etc). Along with a season of AL adventures, which take the characters from Toril to the other world and back.

Coroc

Hero
[MENTION=6688049]Polyhedral Columbia[/MENTION] well you brought something up here, with your mentioning of the Curse of Strahd one shot.

There are some roleplayers who do rather Horror stuff than D&D. But Ravenloft is a thing for some of these. I cannot say how many Players are out there, that got this preference, but it could be that there is enough (combined with the regular D&D folk) to make it a financial success.

This is a thing which other settings do not offer in this way.

Remove ads