D&D Beyond Beta: Your First Thoughts Thread!

Presumably because they are owned by twitch and it gives them a pre-existing structure to use. AD

Presumably because they are owned by twitch and it gives them a pre-existing structure to use.

AD

akr71

Hero
I like what I see so far... a few typos, wrong monster icons and such, but nothing major.

So far its basically all data entry and formatting, but it looks slick. I'm looking forward to testing the character creation stuff and seeing what they offer as an 'off-line' product.

Two of my players forwarded me the announcement article and I said that I had already signed up for the beta. They are definitely expecting there to be some dynamic character sheet options when we around the table.

fjw70

Adventurer
I am liking it so far. It was easily usable on my iPad.

One thing I noticed was that in the monster entries the passive perception was listed as a +# like it was a bonus instead of a DC. But I think a really positive start.

DM Magic

Adventurer
I see a lot of people posting about gripes and missing links and misspellings and such. Please make sure and post these to the D&D Beyond forum! This is a beta and pointing out these sorts of things will make the product better.

:)

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
The filters are a big deal for me. Being a creative sort and having to, currently, use several different sites and Excel sheets and other references to find stuff is annoying. Having that in one easy to reference and use place is a godsend. I also like that you can click on references for a specific page for that reference, like Orb of Dragonkind. That's pretty awesome as it lets me link things to players. If there's a way to customise that, like adding in item quirks, or rules changes in the homebrew part then wow, that will be amazing for me.

In fact, I wish they had banned the VPN IP address in a way that kept me from logging on in the first place. I would have realized what was going on, and simply logged in with a normal IP, and could have avoided having my account banned (which I only used to watch videos every now and then, I never posted anything). It seems to me to be a better way to handle things and not to exclude your clients who aren't problems or trouble-makers.

Oh boy, that could be a huge deal-breaker for a lot of people, especially from Aus. We're a bunch of pirates who love our VPN's.

G

Guest 6801328

The site is also ment to be used on the move, filtering while you type can cause problem with slow/bad connections.

A list of return results...at least the titles...could be loaded when the page loads, asynchronously if you don't want to affect page load time. Then the filtering would happen locally; connection speed wouldn't matter.

Remove ads

Remove ads