Pathfinder 1E [Pathfinder] airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords Reborn! IC

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ooc: I will get to it in a bit. Just left the VA a little while ago and needing to get adjusted.

edit: crud, for got about this!

[sblock=stat block]
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +4 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: light mace +0 / 1d6+0 / X2 / blunt
Ranged Touch +3
Concentration +5
Mutagen Strength
Bombs 5/ day; Damage: 1d6+4 direct, 5 splash Save: ref dc 15
Extracts Lev 1: 2 [Keen Senses; Shield]

Temporary items in possession: XXXXX
Items depleted: none
[/sblock][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/]

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
With a surprised cry Evrett throws himself backward in a tumbling roll trying to get out of reach of the rusty blades. Rolling nimbly back to his feet he continues to shuffle backwards as he calls to his companions, "The dead walk! They're coming!" Pulling his mace from its holster he hefts it and prepares for the oncoming undead.

OOC:
On his turn:
Acrobatics to move backwards out of the doorway a few feet, then another move action to draw his weapon.
Evrett's acrobatics to tumble away (1d20+7=25)
Evrett's Know. Nobility. Untrained. (1d20+1=8)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Evret gets away unscathed, deftly keeping up his guard and getting out of reach of the skeletons.

[sblock=Evret]Evret doesn't notice any important names while in the graveyard. Perhaps he hasn't heard of them.[/sblock]

OOC: Kelvyn and Thrindar are up. [MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION] [MENTION=11456]Tailspinner[/MENTION]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Kelvyn hears Evret's cry and bulls his way into the room, unslinging his EarthBreaker as he moves. He quickly sizes up the situation and moves to confront the nearer of the two skeletons. The great hammer makes the air hum as Kelvyn powers it through a glittering arc, but fails to connect with the walking dead.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Attack (1d20+4=9)[/sblock]

Defense: 14, Critical Defense: +08, AC: 19 (T 14, FF 15), CMD: 19
Fort: +3, Reflex: +3, Will: +0

Initiative: +3, Perception: +0, Sense Motive: +0

Weapon in Hand: EarthBreaker

Abilities: Str 19, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: Seems like we're slowly easing back into things. Hopefully we can pick up some speed. I'm not sure if [MENTION=11456]Tailspinner[/MENTION] is still around or not. I'll take his action for now and we will proceed.

FYI, you can drop Defense, Critical Defense, and any other stats related to Armor as DR from your stat blocks and mini stat blocks. I promise we won't be going back.

Kelvyn strikes the air near one the skeletons as it avoids his EarthBreaker. With Evret having fallen back, they both face Kelvyn, clawing at him with one hand while swinging their rusty scimitars at him with the other (AC 16: miss, AC 12: miss, AC 11: miss, AC 11: miss). He avoids a few of the strikes by virtue of nimbleness alone, while his armor deflects the remaining blow. The skeletons mindlessly eschew any signs of frustration.

OOC:
Begin player turns
[MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION] [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION] [MENTION=24234]kinem[/MENTION] [MENTION=30016]SelcSilverhand[/MENTION]

Skeleton 1: AC 16, TAC ??, FFAC ?? (broken chain shirt), HP ??/??, Fort ??, Ref ??, Will ??, Melee broken scimitar +? (?d?+?/20/x2), Melee claw +?/+? (?d?+?/20/x2), Ranged none, CMB ??, CMD 14
Skeleton 2: AC 16, TAC ??, FFAC ?? (broken chain shirt), HP ??/??, Fort ??, Ref ??, Will ??, Melee broken scimitar +? (?d?+?/20/x2), Melee claw +?/+? (?d?+?/20/x2), Ranged none, CMB ??, CMD 14

kinem

Adventurer
"See, what did I warn of? Necromancy! The undead!"

Nuko, deciding that his greataxe might not be very effective against the skeletons, shoots at dart of acid at the nearest one.

ooc: attack [roll0] (includes -4 penalty for firing into melee), damage [roll1]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Nuko's acid dart strikes the skeleton, pock-marking the bones, but failing to do a significant amount of damage (hit for 1 dmg).

Thrindar holds forth his holy symbol and channels positive energy directed at the skeletons (both failed save, 5 dmg). They succumb to the divine power of Sarenrae as a bright energy flows over them, and they crumble into dust.

You are left to observe the remains of the scene. Where the skeletons once stood, there are two piles of dust. Even their rusty equipment seems to have disintegrated, suggesting it was somehow linked to their undead nature.

The vault is a 20-foot square stone structure that stands near the wall. Used to house the remains of previous caretakers, priests, and acolytes who served at the Cathedral, the stone door hangs ajar. The ground around the place is churned up as well. A search of the vault's interior turns up two things of interest. First, a discarded darkly-colored robe lies in a corner; it shows stitch marks where several patches once were. A detect magic spell reveals residual necromantic magic upon the robe, enough to determine that this was once a robe of bones. Second, and more disturbing, is the fact that the sarcophagus that contained Ezakien Tobyn's body has been opened and his remains stolen. (You may recall that Ezakien Tobyn was the town's previous high priest before he died in a fire that consumed the previous temple.)

Evret examines the churned-up ground around the vault and determines many of the footprints are goblin prints, but some of them appear to have been left by a larger humanoid.

Sheriff Hemlock investigates the scene along with you after the undead have been destroyed. "It was wise to bring you, cousins. Whomever the robbers might be, those guardians they left might have slain one or more of my guards. Again, you have my thanks. But I must ask that this matter be kept private for now. It is a small town and rumors will certainly begin flying, but if the people were to know that Father Tobyn's remains were taken, a panic might ensue. In the meantime, I will ask Naffer, the caretaker of the Boneyard, to re-seal the Vault until we know more, assuming you are satisfied with the investigation."

OOC: Combat over.

Scott DeWar, in the future, please feel free to act within the bounds of how you imagine the scene. As I have said before, I will usually give you the benefit of the doubt. We don't need to focus on minutiae of exact positioning for this campaign. It will speed things along if, rather than me answering questions about such things, you simply act on what you imagine. The narrative is more important than details.

I took the liberty of assuming a couple of things based on your characters' abilities and trained skills, namely casting detect magic and making Perception checks to look around. But there may be yet more to the scene if you care to make other checks.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

The big Kell warrior looks around the crypt, then shoots a glance at his companions and smiles broadly. "Well, my friends? I must confess that I have little expertise in matters of magic. Still, the goblin footprints suggest to me that this place is a part of the mystery of how the little buggers gained entrance to the city."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Attack (1d20+4=9)[/sblock]

AC: 19 (T 14, FF 15), CMD: 19
Fort: +3, Reflex: +3, Will: +0

Initiative: +3, Perception: +0, Sense Motive: +0

Weapon in Hand: EarthBreaker

Abilities: Str 19, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]

Remove ads