General Discussion

GlassEye

Adventurer
I do not have any idea how it happened, but I think I know why, but vincenzo is missing from the wiki.

Scott, I fixed it. If I remember correctly I've had to fix this on Vincenzo's sheet once before. Anyway, there needs to be an empty line between the last approval and the categories. There wasn't one and when I added it the page reappeared.

Can characters buy and ride, as a mount, a giant vulture?

Many animals and prices, including giant vultures, are in the approved source Animal Archive so I would say 'yes'.

Question, does the trait magical knack also affect witch hexes?

Good question but I would think probably not. On a quick read hexes don't seem to have any part affected by the witch's caster level.

And apologies for taking so long in responding to these questions/problems.

Aura

Explorer
Quick after the fact: Yes, Magical Knack only effects abilities that specifically reference the Caster Level. Class Features are almost entirely written to function off the Class Level, so are not effected by Magical Knack. GE is right on that, but the greater takeaway is that it works the same way for other caster classes as well. It turns out upping the effectiveness of Class Features is rather difficult to do, besides taking more levels of said class.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[MENTION=6747658]Aura[/MENTION] You know Francis the best. I am thinking of get two traits for his next feat. Could you think of anything better than General Handle Animal as class skill and Two World Magic to get Prestidigitation?

After combing the sources, couldn't really find anything that makes spellcasters more spellcastery.

Aura

Explorer
Well, spellcaster feats are a different vein than weapon users. Some potentials:

If you plan on using a lot of ranged touch spells, you may be interested in point blank shot and precise shot. The -4 for shooting into melee applies to ranged touch spells.

If you plan on using a lot of spells that are dependent on the enemy saving throw, then you'll need very high casting stat, spell focus, etc.

If you plan on throwing spells against difficult foes, like demons, you'll need spell penetration.

And if you want to cast spells with any reliability whatsoever in dangerous situations, you'll need combat casting and possibly the trait that does the same thing, for a total of +6.

Those are just some of the starters. For a hybrid like FJ, perhaps precise shot path. Then he can benefit with ranged physical attacks and touch spells. He's kinda screwed on 'save or x' spells due to having only moderate INT (for a caster) and access to lower level spells (because of multiclassing), so he's not a good candidate for that path. Combat casting may be worth it, overall.

The only downside of working on your combat riding is you're going to get into the position where a mount tough enough to use regularly will no longer be medium or less in size, and you're going to spend more and more time off the mount, much like the horse riders already do. If I had a dollar for every cavalier in Pathfinder Society that wanted to ride his horse into a dungeon, I'd be, like, $3 or $4 richer. (But really, should anyone even ask?)

As a counter argument, one could say putting a trait into riding isn't too great an outlay.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
@Aura. Darn. I was hoping your logic would be more positive. Not your fault, you just are good at analyzing the situation. I guess I should temper my hopes back to the original character concept. Useless in combat, and just kind of there to enjoy the ride and talk his way out of any sticky situations. Then again, even though he isn't a well made technical character, he is really fun to play. I think I will take my 3 rogue levels and run the rest as a witch. Still have yet to concur all the languages except for Druid.

I recently envisioned him riding on his pig, with two battle tigers in tow. Or maybe storming into battle with his giant culture casting nasty sorts of spells. I don't ever see him being useful in combat without animals, spells or not. And I picture him more in the debuffer/distraction role. Just to be annoying really. In hindsight a Halfling sorcerer with less well rounded stats might have been more up my alley. Maybe eventually I retire him for his brother Francis John IV.

Thanks for all of the help!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
For what it is worth, Heinrich has his concentration on save increase and concentration . . . but he has a rather nice intelligence to help.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases