Tactical Maps + TotYP 2?

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I know one of the map was used for the castle attack at the end of Reavers of the Harkenwold, so maybe a ToftYP 2 or a starter adventure to go with an eventual Nentir Vale campaign guide.

gyor

Legend
This was already announced in the news round up. It's a reprint/update of tactical maps from various sources from older editions.

Yes I know, I made this thread to discuss a possible TotYP type book, I mention the tactical maps because it's what made me think such a book is coming, because without that there is no 5e context for these maps.

pukunui

Legend
Yes I know, I made this thread to discuss a possible TotYP type book, I mention the tactical maps because it's what made me think such a book is coming, because without that there is no 5e context for these maps.
Was there any context for the reincarnated dungeon tiles? This looks to just be another in that series of accessories.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Well, a number of those maps come from very high level adventures... Demon Queen's Enclave was like 14-16 in 4E, Death's Reach was 21-23 and Kingdom of the Ghouls was 24-26. So for this to be a potential connector for a second Yawning Portal, it would probably have to be a higher tier book.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I don't see this product indicating anything necessarily, though I suspect that WotC is transitioning to a Quarterly release schedule, so maybe something will be out in February/March: Curse of Strahd was.

TftYP 2 seems probable, given that Mearls has cagily said it is possible when asked. The Lost Lab of Kwalish seems more indicative that this is coming, as it ties heavily into a classic module without including said module.

https://www.amazon.com/Dungeons-Dra...010fdaf72c7d1a25821f5f29e55111&language=en_US

This seems to be unconnected to anything else, which suggests to me that an unannounced ToftYP 2 or something similar might be coming out. What do you guess think, could I be right?

Why would they reprint a bunch of random, generic maps if they were going to do More Tales from the Yawning Portal, and then release it three months before the adventure? Wouldn't they release it at the same time, like the map pack for Dungeon of the Mad Mage? Wouldn't it include new maps redone for classic 1e and 2e locations?

Yeah... I think this might just be exactly what it seems to be: a cheap and easily produced but pretty handy product designed for quick extra cash between major releases.

Remove ads