• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

100 Sessions!

Ellie_the_Elf

First Post
My campaign started in September last year- we've played probably 70 or so sessions (once a week, every Monday with sidequests and such on some Saturdays for whoever could make it)

My PCs range from 18th-20th level now, with one PC who's been there since first level, and the rest having joined along the way as the original PCs died or were retired and new players joined the group.

I'm planning to start a new campaign in the next couple of months in the same world, 15 years on (a modified Forgotten Realms), in which one of the players is playing the nephew of his old character. The daughter of two NPCs who are good friends of the party will play a fairly major part too but the players don't know that yet. I'm also planning to continue the current campaign into epic for a few of the players who want to do that.

Hopefully we'll make it to 900 one day :)

Leisa.

I tend to get bored with characters after level 10 but in Darksun we have been about 40 several times, Forgotten Realms reached a possible 50. The new Eberron one is about 6 or 7 now and picking up strength.

I hope to reach 100 sessions with the same game with Eberron. I have it mapped out to level 18 so it should happen this time. ;)

Dagnabbit, now I need to count! ;)

I believe that I'm up to around session 16 or 17 of my AU game, which is really good considering we barely scrape out a session every 3 weeks. Before that, my longest running game ran for four years, and had I think somewhere around 180 sessions.

Congrats on your 100th. In this day and age, that is an achievement!

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Wow, some of you folks have really INVESTED in your campaigns! 800? 900 gaming sessions!? That's truly impressive. And wonderful.

I don't think Barsoom was built with those kind of legs. I suspect the campaign will wrap up around 150 or so sessions. We're coming down the home stretch, right now...

the Jester

Legend
barsoomcore said:
I don't think Barsoom was built with those kind of legs. I suspect the campaign will wrap up around 150 or so sessions. We're coming down the home stretch, right now...

I've found that there's always another adventure until you destroy the world. :)

601, by the way... ;)

BSF

Explorer
In the game I play in, we have been going for a few years now. It looks like we have 89 entries on the log area of the campaign web site. That seems a bit low, and probably is since we sometimes carry log duties over from one week to the next and then combine them. By the DM's estimates, we are perhaps 1/3 of the way through the story. So, we should be able to get several more sessions in on this campaign. :) The PCs are 16th-17th level, so I have absolutely no idea what the ending point will be as far as levels go, but I doubt it will be all that high. Epic levels, yes, but not uber-epic levels. Our style of play is a lot more RP than combat oriented.

Garnfellow

Explorer
We have a large group and only get in 9-10 live sessions per year, for 80 or so total sessions (71 written up as story hours).

In between, we use play-by-mail installments to advance the plot and take care of house-keeping. We're up to 96 installments, and the 100th will be our last.

The game has run for about 10 years, and night is coming on fast.

Remove ads