• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

1000 more swashbuckling cards

Mik

First Post
A handful more

Some silly, some not.... Hope I didn't put forth too many dupes.

"Um... That didn't mean what it sounded like..."
Play: Any conversation
Effect: You get to take back one thing you said, discuss possible responses with the other players, and return to the conversation with the new reply.

Grace Under Pressure
Play: One skill check
Effect: Ignore all distractions, spell effects, or environmental effects that provide penalties to your action.

"I meant that - that's exactly how I wanted that to look."
Play: Any observed physical non-combat action up to DC30.
Effect: You automatically succeed at the action, but do so completely ineptly (e.g. while tumbling through combat, you slip on a bar of soap and slide, arms flailing, to exactly where you wanted to go). Other PCs and NPCs can bring this up later to poke fun at you.

"You'll take it and like it"
Play: NPC refuses your proposed course of action
Effect: A quick Intimidation check (DC15) is allowed to browbeat the NPC into accepting your payment, believing your cover story, or let you into the royal feasthall. The NPC may take later action, but will do nothing to stop you at this time.

"Just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
Play: One resistance check
Effect: For this effect or attack, an opponent with SR or DR suffers a momentary weakness, denying them their spell or damage resistance.

"Put the Candle Back..."
Play: At any time - remains in play until effective
Effect: The next secret door you pass is discovered (and unexpectedly opened) automatically through your character's bungling.

Closed for Remodeling
Play: At rest in a rarely-used room
Effect: The party may rest in complete safety for 1d8 hours in this room without interruption.

"But he gets nowhere, unless the TEAM wins..."
Play: After a failure by an NPC flunky.
A boss or leader NPC in the combat, enraged at a flunky's ineptitude, directs his next all-out attack against that flunky. If the flunky's leader is not present, or if the situation does not allow immediate violence, the flunky will be dealt with later, in private...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads