• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

12rounds' character illustrations

12rounds

First Post
Hello everyone!
I'm new around here and wanted to start posting something.
I've been doing digital illustrations for a while now.

I've no idea how the good folks around react to purely digital work or what the style and quality the images here usually are, but I guess I'll learn about that if anybody cares to make comments.

I'm combining the use of rendered images, imaging application(s) and a drawing tablet to make my illustrations.

EDIT: All my images in this thread fall under this Creative Commons license.

Last edited:

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Welccome to the boards!!

Welcome to ENWorld! This is a great community with a lot of bright, creative and talented people! :cool:

Nice work! ;) I cannot even draw a stick figure without it looking like a 2 year old was just scribbling! :(

12 Rounds? What is the origin of your handle?

Edit: This post sounds like I am on speed or something... Oi! I guess I do not need Mountain Dew this morning...

Last edited:

Tolen Mar

First Post
Thats some really fine work there. One thing I might reccomend though is doing something with the background. It doesnt have to be detailed or anything, but those images (the archer in particular) look kind of washed out next to that bright white.

Even changing the background to a unifrom grey might help a lot.

Keep at it, and keep posting.

Lady_Acoma

First Post
I would agree these are excellent, but I think the lack of background or any spacial references keep them from being truly awesome. Even just some cast shadows on the "ground" or something would really help them to seem truly complete.

12rounds

First Post
FreeXenon said:
12 Rounds? What is the origin of your handle?

Bah well few years back I was trying to register to a forum somewhere in the 'net and all the nicks I could think of at the moment were reserved... so I browsed my CD collection and just ripped the name of one of the music groups. That band happened to be 12rounds (a sort of alternative rock music with a stain of despair and melancholy in it). I got stuck with it, I suppose.

Last edited:

Lady_Acoma

First Post
I do like the minimalistic background much better, though I still think it could be improved with more, however the difference is amazing and I love it.

Remove ads