Level Up (A5E) 13 weeks to go…

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
An example of the above:

One of the campaign ideas I have had forever is kind of a hybrid of Darkest Dungeon and Pathfinder Kingmaker. The PCs inherit an extremely troubled (read: cursed and haunted) holding and have to work together to clean it up. It's going to be so much better with level Up than vanilla 5e.

The PCs will have Destinies driving them forward and giving them motivations and goals to pursue. The martial classes will have maneuvers to use in combat. I can use the new Journey system to make trekking through the haunted forest that covers most of the PCs' holdings more interesting (and harrowing!), the stronghold and followers rules baked into A5e will give me a baseline to represent their political power and responsibilities with. The spellcasters will be able to discover rare spell variants. They'll be able to use the resources they acquire, either through business ventures or adventuring, to make and purchase new magic gear.

NONE of that is in O5e without a shelf's worth of 3PP supplements. It's all in the Level up core book.

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
It's also worth noting that the paragraph of upgrades above isn't anywhere near everything that's been upgraded in A5e. It's just the stuff most directly relevant to that game.

Remove ads