• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Cutter XXIII said:
...as long as the site doesn't slow down again with the massive influx of members... :)
I think you just said a mouthful, especially given that WE just donated over 13 thousand dollars for the upgrade.

I hope ENWorld gets something out of this, and that we're not providing a free service to Wizards. :uhoh:

reveal

Adventurer
I just hope, hope, hope, hope (that's a lot of hope) that the people who use the ISR forums don't go into other forums on EN World and start turning it into the bastion of crap that is the WotC boards. :(

Cutter XXIII said:
Can't believe no one's discussing this...

This is pretty big news for EN World's march toward world domination.

Cool beans...as long as the site doesn't slow down again with the massive influx of members... :)
Yowzah! I hadn't seen that! That's pretty weird; don't we already have sub-forums that cover those particular areas? Are they going to be merged, or what?

Is there already a thread in Meta about this?

Cutter XXIII said:
Now, now...WE donated that money out of the goodness of our hearts, not so we could complain later. Anyway, you seem to be a Registered User, Vigwyn, not a Paying Customer... ;)

Some of us who donated out of the goodness of our hearts would rather not see the site get swamped with something that is of zero interest to us, though. And I *am* a paying customer :cool:

And some probably donated because of the prizes offered, but that's a different thread.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The ISRP stuff will be separate to our PbP stuff. Some of the WizO's are coming over to run them. There will be six or so new forums in their own category for it.

It's not that big an influx - the ISRP boards are only a tiny part of WotC's boards as a whole. I don't imagine we'll notice it particularly.

Cutter XXIII said:
And actually...I just assumed that "Interactive Story Role-Playing" and "Play-by-Post" are the same thing.

Are they?
I guess I did too. If not, then they probably are legitimately "new" types of forums.

As for donating; that expired a long time ago; my contribution has expired, then I got just the Search function for a year, and that's about to expire too. It was a fair chunk of change, but I can't imagine that there's much (if any) of that money still around after a year and a half, or two years, or however long it's been.

I would hope that Wizards would subsidize this move by contributing to ENWorld maintainence though, just like I'd hope that GenCon partially subsidizes ENWorld for running the ENnies for them.

Turanil

First Post
reveal said:
I just hope, hope, hope, hope (that's a lot of hope) that the people who use the ISR forums don't go into other forums on EN World and start turning it into the bastion of crap that is the WotC boards. :(
All the contrary! I dream of becoming a moderator with unlimited access to the close and delete functions! Bwhuahahhahhhaaa!!! (regular ENworlders are usually to smart and polite to let a moderator exert his censorship vice at its fullness!)

Remove ads