• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BSF

Explorer
Well, WotC's loss, ENWorld's gain right?

If any of the ISRP folks are reading, Howdy!

Welcome to EN World. I hope you enjoy the boards and the community. Don't be afraid to jump into the conversations etc anywhere else on the board. You might be a community in migration, but that's no reason to feel left out.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Cutter XXIII said:
Are EN World members automatically eligible to participate?

I would say so, there community cannot survive if they do not except new players. (Any hobby is like this) If you have any issues please let someone know and you’re more than welcome to email me about it but I do doubt that anyone who truly wants to play and learn their rules/etiquette will be denied.

Crothian

First Post
Mokona said:
Is that true?

Wizards did not offer any prizes, but also we aren't doing this so much to help wizards. Wizards said these people could no longer do their thing on their boards. We, well not me but EN World people, saw what was happening and figured En World could give them a home. I know little about what ISR is really about, but having read some of the things that lead to this I am very pleased with Morrus and En World for giving these people a home.

William Ronald

Explorer
I think that this move will bring some new blood to EN World. So, I think we should welcome the new additions. Perhaps the new members will want to participate in other forums. So, I think perhaps a special welcome thread might help some of the new users with their questions.

I like the fact that the moderators that EN World is stepping up to the plate to help some fellow gamers who are losing some of their favorite forums. I think that it is important to try to have a good community spirit not just among ourselves, but also towards the larger gaming community.

BSF

Explorer
I hear you William Ronald. I even tracked down Unlikely Forums to welcome the ISRP players over here. But a dedicated welcome thread would be cool. Maybe when their forums are setup an open thread to welcome them will be setup there?

William Ronald

Explorer
BardStephenFox said:
I hear you William Ronald. I even tracked down Unlikely Forums to welcome the ISRP players over here. But a dedicated welcome thread would be cool. Maybe when their forums are setup an open thread to welcome them will be setup there?

Well, Stephen, as we will have many new people here, perhaps a special introduction to the site would be in order. For example, a thread might have a quick introduction to each of the forums here on EN World. Some of the new members may well want to visit our Play by Post games.

I think that this is an opportunity for EN World to show fellow gamers that this is a very welcoming palce. So, what can we do to make the new people welcome over here?

BSF

Explorer
We already have the Official Welcome thread. There might also be other things that Michael Morris has added to the new member info since I signed up. From what I can gather, the ISRP folks are a small piece of WotC's forums, but they are very dedicated to what they enjoy. I am sure they will be a great addition to EN World.

James Heard

Explorer
I'd be somewhat surprised if a lot of them aren't already ENWorlders already in some form, after all if you want to find out something about WOTC you go here first rather than at Wizards - right?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
James Heard said:
I'd be somewhat surprised if a lot of them aren't already ENWorlders already in some form, after all if you want to find out something about WOTC you go here first rather than at Wizards - right?

heck everything I know about d20 I learnt from ENWorld

in fact it was ENWorld that introduced me to 3e....

Remove ads