16 years, 400+ sessions, and the campaign is done!

SavageRobby

First Post
We just finished up my campaign, a little over 16 years from when we started it back in '92. It spanned three editions, but the characters progressed steadily and finished up at about lvl 23-24. It was the right time to stop - both story-wise and because the math was getting onerous - but our last game was great, with several PCs giving their life to save everything they held dear and other PCs getting to live because of their sacrifice.

Thats awesome, and I'm jealous. :)

We completed a 2 year (or so) Savage Worlds campaign in the same manner - a few of the PCs sacrificed themselves to save the rest of the group - oh, and the world! It wasn't a 16 year game (wow - just mind boggling), but it was still Most Satisfying.

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Congrats Pirate Cat (and to all of your players as well)! Your story hour kept me going through some "dark" DMing times. My brother and I have been gaming together since 1980-ish with a wide variety of friends and family and spanning a multitude of campaigns and adventures. My only campaign that has lasted 16 years has been my marriage (and it's still going strong :) ).

Peace,

Brian
<><

EATherrian

First Post
I am so envious. I can't even keep a campaign going for a year. I think you deserve a good rest and then you can start your next campaign, and this time try for the long haul. No more of this short-timing. ;)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
That is indeed impressive. Running the same campaign for that long is definitely not my style but kudos to you all for sticking with a game that you clearly love and enjoy.

Imperialus

Explorer
OHHH! Does this mean you'll have time to finish your story hour?! :p

Seriously though, congratulations. I think my group has a touch of the ADD. We can't seem to focus on a single campaign for more than a year or so, and it's usually closer to 6 months.

*edit* :headslap: read the orriginal post Dave.

Last edited:

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Very, very cool. When I ran my first 3E campaign, I stole tons of ideas from your story hour, and I've continued petty larceny over the years. If you've noticed plot hooks, minor NPCs, and dramatic locations gone missing, sorry about that!

Daniel

Wolfspider

Explorer
Congrats, Piratecat. Quite an accomplishment.

My campaign started in 1988 and is still going strong, with a few interruptions here and there. I've never really decided on a clear ending to it, although an attempt to finally kill Iuz, the long-term enemy of the party, might be a nice one....

Remove ads