• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E $165 Priced Hardcover D&D 2022 Book(s?) Leaked on Amazon

For all those folks saying Boo means Spelljammer or Planescape Boo is a iconic Forgotten Realms character, not a Spelljammer character despite the whole miniature space hamster thing.

So it's likely an FR adventure with Spelljammer elements. Outside chance it's an FR setting book which mentions Realmspace the overlapping turf between FR and SJ. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's weird to have a iconic characters to another setting on the cover for a different setting. It'd be like Strahd's Guide to Birthright or Elminster's Guide to Darksun, the book with Boo is likely an FR book or generic book of some sort.

PS the book being announced next month for 2022 is was mention not only to be a scary place, but also a new setting. Given Ravenloft is already out that suggests it could be Innistrad.

No mention of the revisit, so either it died, they forgot to mention it, or it's the 2023 classic setting they mentioned.

I don't like the change to spellcasters, reducing the customization and flexibility.

The more adventure Anthologies likely confirms the Tal'Dorei rumours.

I was right about 5.5e, just wrong on the timing.

It's been pointed out that they may be counting subraces as separate there, which when you consider Gith and Genasi makes cracking 30 pretty easy.

The problem is if you include subraces, going OVER 30 is a ppssiblity.

3 Aasimar subraces, 4 Genasi subraces, 7 Tiefling Subraces, 3 Elf Subraces, 1 Dwarf subrace, 1 Halfling subrace, 1 Gnome Subrace, 2 Gith subraces.

ces

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
For all those folks saying Boo means Spelljammer or Planescape Boo is a iconic Forgotten Realms character, not a Spelljammer character despite the whole miniature space hamster thing.

So it's likely an FR adventure with Spelljammer elements. Outside chance it's an FR setting book which mentions Realmspace the overlapping turf between FR and SJ. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's weird to have a iconic characters to another setting on the cover for a different setting. It'd be like Strahd's Guide to Birthright or Elminster's Guide to Darksun, the book with Boo is likely an FR book or generic book of some sort.

PS the book being announced next month for 2022 is was mention not only to be a scary place, but also a new setting. Given Ravenloft is already out that suggests it could be Innistrad.

No mention of the revisit, so either it died, they forgot to mention it, or it's the 2023 classic setting they mentioned.

I don't like the change to spellcasters, reducing the customization and flexibility.

The more adventure Anthologies likely confirms the Tal'Dorei rumours.

I was right about 5.5e, just wrong on the timing.

Probably the wrong thread for this speculation, as this is about the $165 bundle.

Anyway, Boo is an FR character, but I am reminded how Descent into Avernus starts in FR but is primarily set in the Nine Hells. I could very much see that happening again; start off in FR, jump into Spelljammer. If its an adventure that is.

I literally can't name a single Spelljammer character, so if they called the book "Boo's Spelljamming Guide," I wouldn't be surprised. He's a Spelljammer creature, and that fits the theme well enough (and gives a good name to the title).

The scary-book could be Innistrad, to tie into the MTG releases coming out now. Also could be Spelljammer again, if its tied to the Far Realm in some way (Mindflayers, Nautiloids, that stuff).

I'm not aware of the Tal'Dorei rumors, please explain. The Anthology also could be the Deborah Ann Woll/Marisha Ray book, resurrected from development.

I think they said over 30. Exactly 30 is probably too exact. Point is, I doubt there are new races being placed .

my list included no new races. But if you add Shifters and Changelings to it as the most generic of Eberrons races and the two known to have appeared in other settings, its complete. Replace Loxodons with Owlin.

Probably the wrong thread for this speculation, as this is about the $165 bundle.

Anyway, Boo is an FR character, but I am reminded how Descent into Avernus starts in FR but is primarily set in the Nine Hells. I could very much see that happening again; start off in FR, jump into Spelljammer. If its an adventure that is.

I literally can't name a single Spelljammer character, so if they called the book "Boo's Spelljamming Guide," I wouldn't be surprised. He's a Spelljammer creature, and that fits the theme well enough (and gives a good name to the title).

The scary-book could be Innistrad, to tie into the MTG releases coming out now. Also could be Spelljammer again, if its tied to the Far Realm in some way (Mindflayers, Nautiloids, that stuff).

I'm not aware of the Tal'Dorei rumors, please explain. The Anthology also could be the Deborah Ann Woll/Marisha Ray book, resurrected from development.

The miniature space hamster thing is a running joke, Boo is an FR character. Ultimately we will see.

There is a rumour of a Exandria Adventure Anthology in the works from a reliable person. I can't tell you more.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer

There is that Beholder bartender from the Rock of Bral named Large Luigi, but I'm not sure if I could name any other character from Spelljammer. (And a Beholder Bartender narrating a book? Simultaneously too close to Xanathar's Guide to Everything and very strange due to it being a bartender.)

Urriak Uruk

The miniature space hamster thing is a running joke, Boo is an FR character. Ultimately we will see.

There is a rumour of a Exandria Adventure Anthology in the works from a reliable person. I can't tell you more.

So the hamster thing is a joke, but it's also giant space hamsters are an actual Spelljammer creature.... I also found it interesting that Perkins said "Boo and his friends." Could just mean his Minsc and other adventurers... but if this is actually an FR book, Boo makes little sense as a key character. Minsc makes more sense. The idea of Boo being so central just screams a strong Spelljammer connection. And his "friends" could be other space hamsters.

1632705474986.png

Back to Tal'Dorei, where did you hear the rumor? Who's the reliable person?

Urriak Uruk

There is that Beholder bartender from the Rock of Bral named Large Luigi, but I'm not sure if I could name any other character from Spelljammer. (And a Beholder Bartender narrating a book? Simultaneously too close to Xanathar's Guide to Everything and very strange due to it being a bartender.)

Not to mention, naming a book "Luigi's Guide to Spelljamming" is going to make everyone think of a Mario crossover. ;)

Remove ads