• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

17 days of Shadowfell?

breschau

First Post
What the hell? Keep on the Shadowfell is set to release May 20th according to Amazon and Powells. Just two weeks before the full release of 4th edition? Wow. You might as well not buy the adventure. For most groups that amounts to 1-2 games tops between them. I'm saving the cash and skipping the adventure.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
breschau said:
What the hell? Keep on the Shadowfell is set to release May 20th according to Amazon and Powells. Just two weeks before the full release of 4th edition? Wow. You might as well not buy the adventure. For most groups that amounts to 1-2 games tops between them. I'm saving the cash and skipping the adventure.

Why? Are you not allowed to finish Shadowfell once you have the core rulebooks?

Alkiera

First Post
I plan on buying it, then running it after the big3 books are out. That way my players can run their own characters instead of pre-gens.

Besides, my AE/Eberron campaign isn't finished yet.

nerfherder

Explorer
Morrus said:
You haven't heard about that clause in the GSL?

You can either run adventures using the quick rules in H1, or the full rules in the PHB, but not both at the same time.

Unless the adventures are from different product lines, or companies, or something like that...

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Morrus said:

Along with this, it will continue to serve as an intro product for people who don't want to by three books upfront.

nerfherder said:
You haven't heard about that clause in the GSL?

You can either run adventures using the quick rules in H1, or the full rules in the PHB, but not both at the same time.

Unless the adventures are from different product lines, or companies, or something like that...
Is that true? I just heard that Controllers don't really exist, either! 4E is full of crap! I don't think I will touch it with a 10 ft pole - preorders canceled!

No way I am doing that. I just wish I could already preorder Keep on the Shadowfell at my favorite online RPG materials supplier. :(

And 17 days of Shadowfell? Make it "17 days in the Shadowfell", and it could be a good horror movie or something like that...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads