• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 1E 1E Fiend Folio monsters in 4E Monster Manual!

jolt

Adventurer
Two pages and no one's mentioned the absolute best FF monster ever?!?! Bah, I say. Bah.

Protein Polymorph FTW.

jolt

JohnSnow

Hero
A'koss said:
No. No. No.

No.

Lava Children.

Alfred E. Newman F.T.W.

:cool:

I...seriously...hope...you're...being...sarcastic. :heh:

'Cuz I was just about to say "Dear god...please, by all that's holy. NO Lava Children!"

I have seriously bad memories of trying to batter one to death with a torch. My DM thought they were "cool."

*shudder*

On a more serious note, lots of those monsters just OOZED cool. I wouldn't even mind the concept of Lava Children (as in, monster that's resistant to damage from metal weapons), as long as they ditch the crappy flavor.

Giant Striders and whatever those weird lizard critters were (firenewts?) that rode them would be pretty cool.

I think I've seen reference to the skeleton warrior. I wonder if there's any chance for the Giant Troll.

Last edited:

Logan_Bonner

First Post
I think Mike really should have said "monsters from the Fiend Folio that weren't already in the 3E MM."

STOP TRYING TO TAKE CREDIT FOR THE GITHYANKI, MEARLS!

IanB

First Post
Steely Dan said:
I would love to see the Algoid – favourite encounter as a player was against one of these bad-boys back in the day (1987).

I am pretty sure the algoid stayed around as the vine horror in 3e.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Awesome trivia: our newest admin Plane Sailing is the original author of the Quillan, the Stunjelly and the Shadow Demon in the 1e FF!

This pleases me much more than it probably should.

mmaranda

First Post
Good to see all you guys still active on these boards. It does seem Mr. Mearls should be stopped possibly even more so than Rich Baker?

I'm sure some of you will ahve your chance at D&D XP. Perhaps I'll even get to if he DMs the 4e Preview.

Remove ads