• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 1E 1E Fiend Folio monsters in 4E Monster Manual!

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
Ahh I actually own 2 of the FF. Good times.

Aaracokra
Bullywugs
Death Dogs
Flinds
Quaggoth
Gibberling
Grimlocks
Kenku
Eye of Fear and Flame
Catyrid Columns
Lolth

and my favorite Jermelaine or Jinxkin

D.Shaffer

First Post
Voss said:
I do not remember the tirapheg, at all. This makes me sad.

What about the weird carnivous treestump monster with fake bunny?
Wolf in Sheeps Clothing? That showed up in MMII actually, I believe. (Actually actually, it first showed up in Expedition to the Barrier Peaks)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I could so live without the dark ones and dark stalkers, they were definately on my junkpile of monsters list.

how bout Crabmen?
the Aumnevorak?
Bunny with the unicorn horn?
there was a lot of dreck in that book.

Still Githyanki & Githzari , Memphits, Catyrid Columns, Kuo-Toa
Mezzodemon/Nycademon, death knight
lot lot of greatness came too.

Riley

Legend
Supporter
Steely Dan said:
I would love to see the Algoid – favourite encounter as a player was against one of these bad-boys back in the day (1987).

I'm pretty sure they talked about the Algoid in the monsters podcast. The concept is apparently in, but they weren't sure if the name and other fluff would survive.

Belorin

Explorer
Evilhalfling said:
I could so live without the dark ones and dark stalkers, they were definately on my junkpile of monsters list.

how bout Crabmen?
the Aumnevorak?
Bunny with the unicorn horn?
there was a lot of dreck in that book.

Still Githyanki & Githzari , Memphits, Catyrid Columns, Kuo-Toa
Mezzodemon/Nycademon, death knight
lot lot of greatness came too.
Did you mean the Aurumvorax? I have a fighter who has one as a pet, raised it from a kit.
Dwarves are always wanting to buy it.

Bel

Ourph

First Post
So, does this mean that Necromancer really should start worrying about being able to do a 4e revamp of the Tome of Horrors? Sounds like WotC already has plans for at least some of the IP included in the original ToH. :\

kennew142

First Post
Imban said:
No, Drow were technically in the original AD&D monster manual, but only given a very short blurb. However, you're right in that Drow were much more fleshed out into basically the race that they are today in the Fiend Folio.

They were written up extensively in module D3, Vault of the Drow.

kennew142

First Post
D.Shaffer said:
Wolf in Sheeps Clothing? That showed up in MMII actually, I believe. (Actually actually, it first showed up in Expedition to the Barrier Peaks)

Along with the Froghemoth, the web bird and the vegepygmy.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads